deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Elves & Dark Spells - Comments  (Read 409 times)

Comment Bot

Elves & Dark Spells - Comments
« on: July 23, 2014, 02:55:10 pm »
This is the comment topic for Elves & Dark Spells.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Elves & Dark Spells.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

fsmantini

• Decks
Re: Elves & Dark Spells - Comments
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 02:55:10 pm »
What did you think of the deck? I think the combination of powerful black magic with elves is interesting. Mainly for games with more than two participants. I still want to improve it and maybe increase the amount of my best elves. What is difficult for me because I do not know which to take.

MartyWayne

• Decks
Re: Elves & Dark Spells - Comments
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 08:05:32 am »
Hey mate! I have some suggestions for your deck! I hope to enlighten you and help you come up with a stronger G/B elf deck! :D

Land: (20 total)
X Forest
X Swamp
-4 Woodland Cemetery
+4 Gilt-Leaf Palace
+1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
-1 Pendelhaven

Put in 14 Lands in Deck and figure out the Green and Black cards to figure out the X number of forest and swamp.

http://www.eweezy.com/2012/05/mtg-land-calculator.html

Spells: (10 total)
-1 Death Cloud (This is cool.... but by the time you can actually play it (THREE SWAMPS) it won't really be all that useful except for the loss of life.)
+1 Elvish Promenade
-1 Rise of the Dark Realms (This is cute, but no. You don't kill enough to make the most of this card. Plus it is expensive.)
-2 Haunting Echoes (Not really relevant to an elf deck.)
+1 Plague Wind (With Elvish Archdruid and two swamps you'll be able to probably win immediately after casting this.... it depends though.)
-2 Genesis Wave (Too strict on forest mana to play consistently. This is an extremely late game card and I would venture to say elf decks are meant to be more agressive.)
+4 Duress (Control baby!)

Artifacts: (2 total)
+1 Coat of Arms
-1 Door of Destinies (You are sort of spell heavy)
-1 Staff of Domination (You build decks around this card. You can get a turn two win with elves and this card on monogreen, but you are going for G/B.)

Creatures: (28 total)
+4 Llanowar Elves (...this is absolutely mandatory for any and all elf decks.)
+2 Jagged-Scar Archers (Or swap this out for 4 Heedless One's...)
-2 Bramblewood Paragon
-2 Deathrite Shaman
+2 Fauna Shaman
+/- 0 Elvish Archdruid (Consider swapping him out for Priest of Titania.... whatever your heart desires.)
-1 Ezuri, Renegade Leader (Legendary's are cool... but his abilities are not relevant to this deck.)
+1 Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord (Let's focus the deck around this guy. Use Fauna Shaman to tuter this mate then Jagged-Scar or Heedless to do a lot of damage.)
-2 Joiner Adept (No need with only two colors.)
-3 Jorago Treespeaker (We do not need the mana acceleration from this guy.)
-3 Joraga Warcaller
-1 Lys Alana Bowmaster (Depends on the format. I am assuming this is casual with your mates. If you just gain a ton of life with essence warden you might be able to bypass the flyer damage.)
+1 Nullmage Shepherd (good for removal.)
+3 Essence Wadren (Life!)
+2 Imperious Perfect
-1 Rhys the Exiled (Essence Warden covers you.)
-1 Rhys the Redeemed (Imperious perfect covers you.)
-2 Talara's Battalion (Since this is not a monogreen deck you may have issues of getting it onto the field.)

Planeswalker: (0)
-1 Nissa Revane

:)

This should help make your deck a little tighter. You could probably do without the plague winds but see how these modifications treat ya!