deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] AetherCounter  (Read 702 times)

Kammerack

• Decks
[Standard] AetherCounter
« on: April 15, 2014, 04:15:35 am »
AetherCounter

Just a fun and very annoying blue counter deck that stops most things my opponent does with me winning with Aetherling in the end.

Stego111

• Decks
Re: [Standard] AetherCounter
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 03:17:58 am »
Seems pretty legit to me. Lots of counters. I would probably have more creatures just in case it didn't pan out. But I suppose that is what Mutavault is for.

Also I don't see why you have the Mill Jace in there. Is it just to take the attention away from yourself?

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 09:09:40 am »
Also I don't see why you have the Mill Jace in there. Is it just to take the attention away from yourself?
He does tend to draw a lot of hate, to the point of nearly serving as 4 extra life points.

Separately, considering replacing Rapid Hybridization with Vortex Elemental; with no creatures, even that 3/3 can chew on you. Additionally, with bouncing to protect the Aetherling, you'd be surprised how much of a threat a Cloudfin Raptor can pose.

Judge's Familiar: x=1 cast Syncopate on a bird. Finally, Mnemonic Wall: give your counters a second run.

p.s. Elixir of Immortality.

Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

Kammerack

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 12:57:13 am »
I like a lot of the Ideas you gave me. Still working on the sideboard for it and The Elixir of Immortality was going to be added. Played tested the deck on MTGO and found out that is what is was really needing.