deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Angel Deck too bloated!  (Read 781 times)

SamOhKay

• Decks
Angel Deck too bloated!
« on: April 24, 2014, 04:02:36 am »
Hi All,

New here and still newish to Magic. I have been struggling to create a good angel deck, and am trying to cut down on the number of cards. My strategy is largely to keep my opponent from bringing out big guns by exiling them or by stealing critters  (hence 6 cards for switching an opponent's critters to my side). I also have a lot of mid-range critters, but I am worried that I may not have enough low mana cost critters. I am looking at some cheaper clerics and the like to add in. Most of the angels you see, I have 4 of and am probably willing to get more of if I don't have enough. I also have an Archangel of Thune, but removed her because I had just 1 and figured the odds of drawing her were slim (not willing to buy more of her at more than $20 each!). I also have a few other angels that I omitted from the deck that could be added. I would like the deck to be valid for Modern (this site reported that it is valid for Legacy, so I guess something in here needs to be taken out?)

I have slightly favored blue lands to make sure that I have enough mana for blue spells when I need them.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

http://deckstats.net/decks/15061/84619-angel-deck

Lands
10 Island
15 Plains
4 Transguild Promenade (plan to replace with Azorius Guildgate)

Spells
//exilers
4 Angelic Edict
2 Celestial Purge
2 Soul Snare
//mana fixing/ramping
3 Azorius Cluestone
//critter effects
2 Mind Control
4 Control Magic
4 Cackling Counterpart

CreaturesCreatures
1 Fiendslayer Paladin
1 undead slayer
1 fiend Hunter
2 Admonition Angel
4 Aegis Angel
2 Angel of Finality
2 Angel of Serenity
4 Angelic Wall
2 Banisher Priest
2 Deathless Angel
3 Seraph of the Sword
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 05:17:23 am by SamOhKay »

edo90swimmer

• ''From the darkness, I walk into the light''
  • Decks
Re: Angel Deck too bloated!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 10:58:24 am »
why do you use blue mana in an angel deck? I saw that the main strategy of your creatures is to exile enemy's creatures. So my advice is:

- cut off blue mana and blue magic
- cut off Undead Slayer, Aegis Angel and Angel of Finality, they are too expensive
- add 2 Banisher Priest, 3 Fiend Hunter, 2 Fiendslayer Paladin

for the magic, there are enchantments that give ''indestructible''...or you can put some magics that give protection from colors or prevent damage...
[vote up] if I did a good work

Dabarus

• Decks
Re: Angel Deck too bloated!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 12:25:37 pm »
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:03:43 pm by Dabarus »