deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Wolves  (Read 468 times)

littleome

• Decks
[Modern] Wolves
« on: July 21, 2014, 07:43:38 am »
Wolves

to play with puppies :)

Looking for feedback on deck

shadowultd

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Wolves
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 07:28:17 pm »
Cards to consider:

Feed the Pack:  To get more tokens.
Fire-lit Thicket:  To convert mana.
Wolfbriar Elemental: Conditional but useful if you have the mana 2 play him.
Pyreheart wolf: Forces you opponent to double block your creatures and has undying.
Bellowing Tanglewurm: Intimidate for all your greens:D
Master of the Wild Hunt: produces wolf token each turn and can use them to fight oppenents creatures
mayor of avabruck: could work too but is conditional If it transforms (into Howlpack Alpha)  though I will be powerful, and immerwolf prevents it from transforming back ( same with other werewolves.)
Bow of Nylea: for the deathtouch effect may be a good choice.

You might want to consider:

Reduce you deck size to 60 for better draws. A deck should only need about 20 land if its working properly, even less if it ramps well.

I've noticed you have no creature till the third turn. this can be dangerous. You could run elvish mystic of simular cards to ramp the deck and have a one drop. Scorned Villager  is the werewolf alternative if your interested in that but costs 2 mana.

Asceticism instead of Archetype of Endurance: it gives a similar effect and allows you to regenerate your creatures. It also costs 3 less mana but isn't a creature.

More immerwolf's and less Elixir of Immortality. This way the deck has more power and shouldn't need Elixir.

I would remove Skarrg, the Rage Pits as it really serves little purpose. its only neutral mana and 2 mana for +1 and trample doesn't seem worth it especially if you have Archetype of Aggression giving you trample already. If you really want trample just pt in another Archetype of Aggression.

I hope at least some of this helps.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:58:27 pm by shadowultd »