deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Great Green Goliaths - Comments  (Read 718 times)

Comment Bot

Great Green Goliaths - Comments
« on: July 24, 2014, 07:27:37 pm »
This is the comment topic for Great Green Goliaths.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Great Green Goliaths.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Xorn

• Decks
Re: Great Green Goliaths - Comments
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 07:27:37 pm »
http://deckstats.net/decks/18537/107559-great-green-goliaths
I think this is my final version of the deck. I kept the base of the deck the same throughout making it, 3 Nisaa 2 Garruk and the usual Green mana ramp cards. I've mostly been experimenting with the creatures that the deck can accommodate safely.
Given the number of ways to find the creatures in this deck, with cards such as Genesis Hydra, Chord of Calling, I decided that the most of any creature I would need is 2-3. Polukranos is the only creature I have 3 to, because his cost effectiveness is rather large. Every other creature is either situational or a killing blow.
I also found, that keeping a Hydra Broodmaster in the deck could lead to some disgusting turn 5 plays. Enough devotion on the board and you could really easily Chord it out on turn 4-5 and monstrous it for enough to be a finisher to most decks.

Any ideas on the deck? Please let me know.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:54:58 pm by Xorn »

shadowultd

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 10:30:32 pm »
Personally I'd be worried about the munber of Legendary cards in the deck because of the rulling for them. Other than that you could probably take advantage of doubling season.

Personally I'd use Elvish Archdruid over Voyaging Satyr as he scales better with your Elvish Mystic. Also he provides tons of mana and gives +1/+1.

You could also use a Vigor or Asceticism to keep your creatures alive. (in case of board wipe.

Xorn

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 11:52:55 pm »
I would agree with you, but all of those cards won't be in Standard! I have thought about making a Modern version of the deck, but was slightly overwhelmed by the options it presented.

shadowultd

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 12:10:38 am »
Ah ok fair enough:)