deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [MODERN] BUG Milling/Exploit Deck  (Read 365 times)

messwitju

• Decks
[MODERN] BUG Milling/Exploit Deck
« on: May 30, 2015, 08:28:21 am »
Hi All,

I have been working on a Black, Blue, Green exploit deck, and after many many iterations, I've finally got something that I think will work.  This version is not play tested yet, but I would love some feedback: the BUG milling / exploit deck

Essence:
The point of this deck is to mill into your graveyard creating 2/2 zombies and providing stock to draw cards from graveyard to hand. Exploit is used to bring creatures back to hand, draw cards and mill further.  A reasonable amount (perhaps too much) of fetch lands in there so you have enough mana to cast Sidisi, Undead Vizier and Ruthless Deathfang (and all the creatures you return to your hand).

In more detail:
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant mills to create 2/2 zombie tokens, and will keep making tokens when Satyr Wayfinder and Sudden Reclamation are played. That combo's with Ruthless Deathfang (and Dictate of Erebos (and all the exploit cards)) to force the opponent to sacrifice their creatures pound-for-pound.

Sidisi, Undead Vizier lets you search you Library for a card if it hasn't gotten to the graveyard yet, while Death Denied and Palace Siege makes sure you can bring much of the milled creatures back to your hand.

This, theoretically, means there is plenty of small creatures in play, with some removal of the opponents creatures.  Which means Foul-Tongue Shriek comes into its own by taking 1 life for every attacking creature + gaining that much life.

Concerns:
While unplayed so far, I think I may have to take out the 2x Explore and 1x Explosive Vegetation and replace with 2x Reviving Melody and 1x Sudden Reclamation

Also, I am not sure that I am getting value from Palace Familiar - probably replace those with either more Satyr Wayfinder or Marang River Prowler (or perhaps some Marang River Skeleton). 

And while originally I started building this deck with the Profaner of the Dead and Sidisi's Faithful, it has now refined to a point where I think they don't add that much value and could replaced with something more interesting/more aligned like Rakshasa Gravecaller or Dragonlord Silumgar... ?

Anyway - I look forward to your thoughts,

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 10:27:34 am by messwitju »