deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Favorite Combos  (Read 17250 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Favorite Combos
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2015, 01:40:55 am »
Ok. But i just noticed that it says when the opponent searches their deck so that would would work if they use fetch lands and cards like evolving wilds right?

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2015, 02:39:44 am »
Ok. But i just noticed that it says when the opponent searches their deck so that would would work if they use fetch lands and cards like evolving wilds right?
Yes, but that isn't a thing you can control.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2015, 07:50:33 am »
True but with the amount of value people put into using shock lands and fetch lands for mana fixing nowadays it would be safe to say that deck searching for "better lands" is a self made player mechanic that competitive players use often. Also you could play with ghost quarter and constantly destroy their lands to the point where if they don't search for any then they're struggling for mana every other turn. Also his effect does not have to be a game winner but rather a deterrent for those who want to use cards like diabolic tutor and such to look for certain situation based answers. If you think about it, if you kill enough creatures in a single turn then you just might force your opponent to search their deck for something to stop him. If they do then they get hurt and if they can't then they get hit in the face with a flying trampler whose probably a 10/10 if you're using bone splinter on tokens or on creatures such as festering goblin to kill other creatures in the process. It may not be the greatest combo in the world but it does leave room for creative deck ideas. 

TheHerobrine36

• Decks
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2015, 12:42:53 pm »

Juri_pro

• MtG Pro Player
  • Decks
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2015, 11:28:11 am »
Combo means to win in one turn

Archangel of Thune + Spike Feeder
<-- Did I help you ? If it is yes, click on [vote up]

DelverMage

• Decks
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2015, 02:11:09 pm »
Although this is old school, of course so am I

Channel Fireball was a huge favorite of mine but I think Siren's Call and Festival was the one I loved the most.

mtgboars

• You don't play Magic. You live it.
  • Decks
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2015, 02:42:25 am »
Long, complecated combo. First, you need a Food Chain, then exile a Misthollow Griffin or two infinte times to get infinte mana, then cast Genesis Hydra for infinte, search for a Tidespout Tyrant, bounce the Misthollow Griffins to returen everything to their hands, bounce one more time, returning Baleful Strix to hand, cast it, draw a card, bounce another Baleful Strix to hand, draw out entire deck, before you cast the Strix in your hand, drop a Laboratory Maniac, then draw a non-existient card and win :D
You just got Wrathed

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2015, 05:41:10 pm »
 Cool little theme and idea for both standard and modern play:
malikar familiar + pathway arrows
Nirkana assassin + tandem tactics + pathway arrows
Retreat to hagra + landfall + any creature + pathway arrows

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2015, 07:27:26 pm »
Since talking about this creature, opponent turn is about to end. On your field have hornet nest and midnight guard. Play setessian tatics on midnight guard and then play ephemeral shields on hornet nest , end up with an infinat number of 1/1 flyers with deathtouch. Swing away on your turn.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2015, 11:23:30 pm »

Ob Nixilus, Unshackled + stain the mind.

Doesn't work; you're searching their deck, not them. If you want to make them search, use Fertilid or Maralen of the Mornsong. Collective Voyage is fun too.

I actually have a deck that uses Ob + Maralen.  It's a pretty nasty combo if you get it out.  I also throw in Aven Mindscensor if I'm playing modern (since stranglehold is not modern legal) to kind of shaft them.  They have to hope a good card is in the top 4.   

OH!  That's good combo, too!  Maralen of the Mornsong + Stranglehold.  Opponent is never able to put another card in his hand.  Only good in legacy, though.  Which is seriously a shame. 
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Dboe

• Decks
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2015, 08:31:47 am »
Sphinx's Tutelage + Living Lore + Enter the Infinite

If you build the deck right and get a God hand you could get a turn 3 mill win.  Typically its a turn 4-5 mill win.

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2015, 05:46:55 pm »
Sphinx's Tutelage + Living Lore + Enter the Infinite

If you build the deck right and get a God hand you could get a turn 3 mill win.  Typically its a turn 4-5 mill win.
How do you get Enter the Infinite into the graveyard?

ETA: After a feeling of deja vu, I looked back. through the thread.   You've posted this already
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 05:58:29 pm by Drunk Cynic »
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

Dboe

• Decks
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2015, 08:22:14 pm »
How do you get Enter the Infinite into the graveyard?

ETA: After a feeling of deja vu, I looked back. through the thread.   You've posted this already
Oops, I just forgot.  looks like I didn't answer your question.  Personal favorite is frantic search but you can use any card that gets a draw and discard.  The deck I run uses lore broker, as it disrupts the other players too.  I do have the deck here if you'd like to see it, I win maybe 80% of the time with it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 08:30:09 pm by Dboe »

Doranon

• I tend to stay away from meta decks.
  • Decks
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2015, 01:32:23 am »
Crumble to Dust + Oblivion Sower + anything with Landfall
Tried to incorporate this into my R/G Landfall deck but it was a bit too inconsistent