deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Aggro Goblin  (Read 1101 times)

brn2drv99

• Decks
[Modern] Aggro Goblin
« on: July 06, 2015, 05:57:14 am »
Another goblin deck, remade with Goblin Piledriver becoming modern legal.

What do you think?

Aggro Goblin Modern

Crusader

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Aggro Goblin
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 07:44:55 am »
Mogg War Marshall is 3 bodies for 2 mana if utilized quickly. Im still mixed about rabblemaster in this one. Instigator is cool, but good luck getting him through unless you have already won the game. By turn 3 he isnt going to just walk in so easy. 1/1 for 2 mana is bad board presence, slow easy no brainer target to block and kill. Goblin Wardriver may put more consistent pressure, and fill the 2 drop slot better.  I can't count how many games I have lost with Goblin Grenades in my hand, they now have a home in my pauper goblin deck. I am personally looking into black goblin's to solve the challenge.

brn2drv99

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 09:25:36 pm »
Mogg War Marshall does seem like a good addition, I'll have to give it a try.
I feel your misgivings about Warren Instigator. My thought was that with the buffs from Goblin Chieftain and Goblin Bushwhacker it'd be a 2/2 or 3/3 double strike which seems pretty damning, but does require a few cards to get it to that point. I believe I've played all of one game where he connected consistently to get more goblins down, so I may take your advice here and switch it with War Marschall or Goblin Wardriver.
Goblin Grenade does pretty well in my experience; swing in with goblins then sac a token for 5 more damage. Sure it'd be signifigantly better as an instant hehe but it's still pretty good I think.

Thoughts on a Gobin Guide playset? A 2/2 haste for 1 seems like a no-brainer in this deck I'd assume? Never used it, is the extra land to your opponent make it not worth adding?

SryImNoob

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 04:22:05 am »
4  gobling guide is indeed a no brainer. why not aether vial?

brn2drv99

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 08:47:50 pm »
Aether Vial is a great addition. I'm thinking I'll drop the Warran Instigators for Goblin Gudes and maybe drop one Rabblemaster for a Vial.

Crusader

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 09:46:44 pm »
Vial works wonders in Legacy goblins, because of goblin matron, goblin ringleader, and goblin warchief. Unfortunately those 3 cards are not modern. Which makes Vial less useful. Looking at some black modern Goblins we have Mad Auntie, Frogtosser Bannerett, and Boggart Harbinger. Here we get some addition tools to work with in modern, but still lacking the legacy card advantage engine to utilize Aether Vial in the same way late game. Gempalm Incinerator is another important part of legacy goblins that is not in modern. Goblin Guide works very well in Tier 1 burn because by turn 4 you are unloading your hand. I would warn that this goblin deck may not be at the same tier as burn, and giving your opponent card advantage can lose you games. Especially the fact that you are attacking and not casting direct damage at the player by turn 4.