deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] WUR OTN Jeskai Deck (Ojutai Tutors Narset)  (Read 1175 times)

albefranks1

• Decks
[Standard] WUR OTN Jeskai Deck (Ojutai Tutors Narset)
« on: July 29, 2015, 05:00:49 pm »
WUR OTN Jeskai Deck

WUR Jeskai OTN Deck (Ojutai Tutors Narset) 

I was really interested in this particular story line. This where I got the inspiration to build a deck with Narset Transcendent, Narset, Enlightened Master, Dragonlord Ojutai

Generator servant to get Ojutai or Narset attacking turn 3/4 respectively
Howl of the horde to combo of any spell coming off Narset (Temporal Trespass for 3 please)
Notes that come up during play (cause nobody really seen Narset EM in use
1. She has firststrike  (1 player tried to block with DL Ojutai and I just charmed her to gain 4 and kill DL Ojutai)
2. She has Hexproof (not much needs to be said)
3. All non creature spells and non land cards she exiles cost to cast this includes: Planeswalker, Enchantments, Artifacts, Instant, Sorcery

I will update the win record with the deck as time progress on the decklist and my thoughts on changes. I hope all the other Jeskai players can lend some insight.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:05:02 pm by albefranks1 »

ersao

• Decks
Re: [Standard] WUR OTN Jeskai Deck (Ojutai Tutors Narset)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 06:26:36 am »
Interesting deck. Maybe something to do now with a Narset and an Ojutai collecting dust :D

albefranks1

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 04:04:36 pm »
I hear ya brother!

I also changed the SideBoard to deal with the Pesky Abzan,  Red Burn and Mirror match issues. I am hoping the Orbs of Warding and Monastery Siege help prevent all the creature removal and direct damage spells these decks tend to bring to the table.

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 07:24:51 pm »
You could safely down grade to 3 Narset, Enlightened Master and Dragonlord Ojutai. Anything past the second will be a dead draw. With the space, include some more lower end answers, like Ride Down.

Replace Cloudform with an answer for artifacts/enchantments.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

albefranks1

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 12:06:44 am »
Def... I just saw how artifacts did during Pro tour. Wish i had taken some last night.

As for the Narset and Ojutai... I have tried 3 of each and found myself in issues with control deck countering them alot.  i have been in situation where they counter me to the last copy of Narset or Ojutai and finally they stick! However if I pick up 2 more E.Firecraft i would consider bringing them down to add to more of these. Or maybe deflecting Palm

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 12:15:10 am »
Yup, Darksteel Citadel and Ensoul Artifact press on trying to out pace Abzan aggro/control

You have a heavy mana curve, and dropping a 5 and 6 cost card will help slide that to the left.

Additionally, consider an answer to Gaea's Revenge. Expect it will be a thing if Green Devotion regains a footing in standard.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx