deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Captain of the Mists / Ally UG Deck -  (Read 241 times)

Normal00

• Decks
Captain of the Mists / Ally UG Deck -
« on: July 30, 2015, 07:14:24 pm »
Here's a little deck that makes use of the Captain of the Mists - it loves humans and many green ally's are also human!  Yay!  This deck has the ability to draw and cast almost all the cards in the deck in one turn, by turn 4-5... ish

Get the 3 main parts out (Captain of the Mists, Harabaz Druid and Sea Gate Loremaster) - if you have the haste component (in this case I'm just using the Temur Ascendancy cause it's cheap $) then you might be able to move this a turn sooner.   How to: So tap the druid for blue mana usually, untap with captain, tap to draw cards with loremaster, cast a human which untaps captain, tap druid for more mana, untap with captain, cast human, etc etc etc...  with haste out, you can use the new captains (who are also human) to untap stuff... ultimately though, in the end you will have large allys with haste + the Hamlet Captain attacking (and blocking!) bonus.  Don't worry about the red mana in the Ascendancy, one flick of a druid will take care of that and you can use the rest as colourless when casting the other stuff.   I find it takes a few careful steps/taps/untaps to start rolling, but when it does you can easily cast your entire deck... well almost.  Just need those humans... Really fun deck!  Remember to not panic and just take the damage and not sacrifice your creatures as all it takes is one turn to finish your opponent off!  Instead of the Wingcrafter or Nephalia Smuggler, you can use Thought Courier (human, card draw) or my actual version has a baby Jace Beleren to help card draw.  Humans are best to help untap the Captains - but there is a lot of room to mix things up - just remember the core and the ally component (for the Druids and Loremasters abilities)  The biggest downfall is keeping track of all your mana...   :o

Captain Ally UG

Captain of the Mists + Loremaster + Druid = draw and cast all cards in one turn