deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Milling on a BUDGET  (Read 697 times)

kontrabida

• Decks
[Modern] Milling on a BUDGET
« on: August 01, 2015, 07:34:16 am »
Milling on a BUDGET

This is my first time building a deck of my own. I have only play-tested this deck with friends using aggro decks. Milling is the mechanic I am aiming for with this.

Suggestions on how to improve this are most welcome.
Legen - wait for it - DARY!

kontrabida

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Milling on a BUDGET
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 02:18:01 am »
^

Warden of Silence

• Weeb, comic nerd, theater geek, also hella cute
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 03:13:35 am »
Hello.

So the first thing I want to touch on is your mana base. Your deck uses a lot more blue mana, but your land selection doesn't match this. You need to remove Swamp cards and include more Island cards. The two pie charts should be as close as possible.

Now, I'm going to list off some mill cards that you might be interested in.
  • Hedron Crab is a wonderful card for only one mana that will almost always mill an opponent for three each turn.
  • Traumatize, a card that can wreck a deck
  • Nemesis of Reason, which is tough and will mill for ten regardless of if it is blocked or not.

These cards could all be nice additions to your deck.

While that is all I have for now, I must congratulate you on making your first deck. It is quite solid, with only a few things needed to be tweaked. Well done.
Symmetrical effects are fair.

kontrabida

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 08:22:32 pm »
Thanks for the feedback, Warden!

Though from where I am, Traumatize and hedron crab is hard to come by. Nemesis of reason, though, might replace all my Mindscour dragons.

So I guess the next question would be, what do I need to add/replace to make mine competitive? To say the least.

Warden of Silence

• Weeb, comic nerd, theater geek, also hella cute
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 07:37:54 pm »
That's a good question. When thinking about competitive, you must ask in the context of the meta. Are you talking about competitive to your playgroup and local game store, or just in the game of Magic itself?

Both answers are the same. You want your deck to do things as efficiently as possible to stop the other decks. This is done by fixing your mana base to be the most accurate, putting in cards that do more for less, perhaps adding in fetch lands to thin your deck. It really depends, as a good competitive deck is not clearly defined.
Symmetrical effects are fair.