deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: First deck i've made from scratch.  (Read 467 times)

AlisterVal

• Decks
First deck i've made from scratch.
« on: August 01, 2015, 05:01:18 pm »
I have only used it in one match, nearly lost then made a bad ass come back. Any help on upgrading my deck would be greatly appreciated. Criticism as well lol.

AlisterVal

• Decks

Warden of Silence

• Weeb, comic nerd, theater geek, also hella cute
  • Decks
Re: First deck i've made from scratch.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 11:20:07 pm »
Hello.

So the first thing that needs to be brought up is your mana base. It shouldn't produce black mana at all, as your deck runs mostly on green and white cards, your lands need to reflect. You want the two pie charts to be about even. So, add in lands that produce either white or green mana and take out others until you have the correct amount. In addition, the non land cards that produce mana are not needed. Fixing both of these problems will make your deck vastly better.

Now, you have a lot of singles in your deck. This makes it less consistent, which usually is problematic. I would suggest looking at the cards you think are the key cards and adding more of those and cards that compliment them. Example, you have Bonds of Faith in your deck, which is best used with Humans. You only have 5 Human creatures in your deck. So, I would either remove Bonds of Faith, or add more Humans.

Something everyone needs to ask themselves when building a deck is what that deck is trying to do? How does your deck plan on winning? Does this deck match how you play (aggressive, control, etc...? What can my deck do and what can my deck not do? These are all important questions. Knowing those answers will let you build stronger decks.

Overall, for the first deck you have made on your own, it is fine. Eventually, you will be able to make it even better. Good luck!
Symmetrical effects are fair.