deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Athreos Warriors  (Read 813 times)

Rakdos, Lord of Pacifism

• Decks
[Standard] Athreos Warriors
« on: August 02, 2015, 05:37:57 am »
Athreos Warriors

Any tips for this deck? I've been working on it for a couple days and considered changing the warrior out but i'm not sure what else would work well.

AgentJB008

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Athreos Warriors
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 04:49:28 pm »
Honestly, I like what you're trying to do here. However, you seem a little too spread out. It almost seems like a hit or miss deck that is relying on specific creatures or spells (Dark Petition) to get those creatures out. What I would recommend is getting rid of all the random 1 drops and focus in a little more on specific goals you are trying to achieve. For example Tymaret, very good card to work around. However with your deck are you really willing to sack half your creatures? Not really. If you were to work with him throw in some dragon fodder or other small things that would make a crap ton of tokens for him to sack and stack damage against your opponent. Remember he doesn't tap so it can be used multiple times. Another nice one for that deck I feel is Bloodsoaked Champion. I use a similar tactic with Blood-Chin Fanatic and I can keep bringing him back and dealing 4 damage with just him every turn.  There are certain cards that are simply unneeded such as kolagan aspirant and Mardu Woe-Reaper. It also seems you're going for a Warrior theme so if recommend looking at cards from my Mono-Black Aggro deck. I'm not saying copy it but almost all creatures are warriors and each definitavely serve their purpose in the deck. One I'd think you personally would love to put in your deck is Brutal Hordechief. I hope this helped ;)

Warden of Silence

• Weeb, comic nerd, theater geek, also hella cute
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 11:34:33 pm »
Hello.

So I like the idea of your deck. I also have an Athreos deck. The thing to remember is that it works best if you can get a lot of cheep creatures out that can either hit for a lot on the field or as they die. In the spirit of the deck, and because your deck also has red, I suggest playing Vexing Devil. It goes perfectly with Athreos, and is a wonderful creature in general.

In addition, in case your opponent chooses to leave some key creatures dead, I would bring add some cards that bring creatures back. Return to the Ranks, Whip of Erebos, Immortal Servitude, and things like that could be a huge help.

The last card I want to suggest is Xathrid Necromancer. It goes extremely well with Athreos, and the large number of Human creature cards you have.

I think your deck, while needing a bit of work, is on its way to be a strong deck. Nice job.
Symmetrical effects are fair.

kurufal

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 01:27:56 am »
If you are working in black/white you should almost ALWAYS have Sorin, Solemn Visitor in the deck.

http://deckstats.net/decks/24402/182792-mardu-warrior-frf/en

Thats my Mardu warrior deck I made when FRF released. I then updated it to be White/Black devotion when Dragons released.

http://deck.tk/5AYa89b0

Is the deck updated for Dragons.

These are just examples. I run mostly White for Secure the Wastes and to make it easier to megamorph my Aven Sunstriker

Rakdos, Lord of Pacifism

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 02:32:27 am »
Thanks for the advice everyone. Xathrid Necromancer would be an awesome addition. I'll definitely look into buying/trading for some of these cards. Thanks again.