deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Negate vs Hexproof.. A little help please  (Read 768 times)

Bhayes

• Decks
Negate vs Hexproof.. A little help please
« on: August 03, 2015, 09:18:42 pm »
Hi, I have a quick question.. If I have Hexproof through orbs of warding and I cast a spell can that spell be negated, cancelled ect..? My take is that being that it is the spell being targeted and not myself, therefore the spell would be countered.. Is that correct?

Any help appreciated
Thanks

jaceperry

• Planeswalking to all planes 1 at a time
  • Decks
Re: Negate vs Hexproof.. A little help please
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 09:20:46 pm »
Yes it would be negated, for the effect of you are hexproof, you cannot be targeted by spells or abilities however your spells are fair game as long as you don't have like surrak dragonclaw who makes creature spells not able to be countered.
Mind Mage at heart.

kou_mingzhi

• Decks
Re: Negate vs Hexproof.. A little help please
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 10:06:23 pm »
Technical rules distinction: Surrak Dragonclaw doesn't prevent your creature spells from being targeted by counterspells, it just means the counter spell doesn't have any effect on your spell when it resolves (for example, if your opponent uses Remand on one of your creature spells while you control Surrak, the Remand will resolve and your opponent will draw a card, but it will have no effect on your creature spell, which then resolves.)