deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Mono Black Aggro  (Read 872 times)

AgentJB008

• Decks
[Standard] Mono Black Aggro
« on: August 05, 2015, 10:54:26 am »
Mono Black Aggro

Aggro. Hit them as much as possible. Blood-Chin Rager when on the battlefield should almost always attack, by doing so will proxy his ability causing almost everything (exception of Erebos's Titan and Mogis's Marauder) to be double blocked. Brutal Hordechief adds the extra pain with his abilities (in which is why Bloodfell Caves is included to choose how your opponent blocks) and Blood-Chin Fanatic allows you to hit your opponent two times with the same creature and gaining you life. Corpseweft and Liliana Vess is in the deck for late game purposes to spew massive damage by either making huge Zombie Horrors or taking all creatures in your graveyard and putting them back on the field (not to mention Lilliana's +1 discarding a card from your opponents hand). If you have any suggestions please let me know

gorstag

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Mono Black Aggro
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 04:16:37 pm »
only 20 lands?
how do you know this is the good number?

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 04:31:00 pm »
It isn't. You'll want three more. Pull Corpseweft,  1 Erebos's Titan, and 1 Foul-Tongue Shriek. Add 3 swamps.

Additionally, if you want Brutal Hordechief to be a big player, you need more red mana sources. Remove 7 Swamps, add Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, 2 Mountains, and 4 Bloodstained Mire.

If you don't have Bloodstained Mire, use Temple of Malice or Nomad Outpost.

Reason you're pulling Corpseweft: You want creatures in your graveyard: Brutal Hordechief -> Unblocked Graveblade Marauder -> significant life loss.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

AgentJB008

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 05:32:26 pm »
only 20 lands?
how do you know this is the good number?
this is an aggro deck that only requires about 3 lands then you are practically set for the entire match. I've tested the amount of lands necessary several times (believe me) and whenever i had 20+ lands i would always have an abundance of lands that i draw and werent needed or when i tried 18 there was the problem of not pulling lands. I found that 20 seemed to be sufficient.

AgentJB008

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 05:36:21 pm »
It isn't. You'll want three more. Pull Corpseweft,  1 Erebos's Titan, and 1 Foul-Tongue Shriek. Add 3 swamps.

Additionally, if you want Brutal Hordechief to be a big player, you need more red mana sources. Remove 7 Swamps, add Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, 2 Mountains, and 4 Bloodstained Mire.

If you don't have Bloodstained Mire, use Temple of Malice or Nomad Outpost.

Reason you're pulling Corpseweft: You want creatures in your graveyard: Brutal Hordechief -> Unblocked Graveblade Marauder -> significant life loss.

Lol the Corpseweft is in there to add a bit of fun factor to the deck, if you were to replace what you said id put in Archfiend of Depravity and some Fleshbag Maruaders for removal. The thing is about Brutal Hordechief is that his mana ability isnt really needed unless you absolutely need to kill off their stuff and say want graveblade to swing through with no problem. By the time you get to using his ability the game should be over.

Churchill42

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 06:26:48 pm »
Agree with all drunkencynic's notes.

If you're going to run Brutal Hordechief, might make sense to include some stuff with Deathtouch.  Attacking with Brutal Hordechief and Ruthless Ripper would effectively wipe their board.  Tossing in a fleshbag marauder with the bloodstained champs will allow you to make them sacrifice one of their creatures while bringing your champ back at the end of turn.  Stuff like that.

30 creatures is a lot.  You're sacrificing a lot of possibilities on the Spells end.  And aside from the Whip of Eberos, I don't think the spells are very thoughtfully chosen to address potential threats.  And even the Whip isn't as great in your deck because you don't have any stompy creatures to bring back and really pack a punch. 

What drunkencynic said about card interactions is important because it points to this: the creature choices seem random/like they don't work with one another in any particular way.  Aside from the Warrior theme, just seems like a bunch of "good black cards."