deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Favorite Card To Play  (Read 1662 times)

MMTTdN

• Decks
Favorite Card To Play
« on: August 18, 2015, 12:26:36 am »
     Tell us what your favorite card that you actually have (not Black Lotus) is to play in a deck. Mine is Probably Upwelling. I have Upwelling in my green/red deck, because you can save up mana and then play huge card. For example, If you have 4 lands, and a card that costs 8, than you can tap those 4 mana, and then again next turn to play it. I Really like playing that card.

Leave your favorite card down below, and tell me how you use it.

-MMTTdN
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 03:30:53 am by MMTTdN »

HolyBird2000

• Decks
Re: FavoriteCard To Play
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 01:33:13 am »
Mine has gotta be a 3-way tie between: Thalia, Guardian of Thraben; Sphinx's Revelation; and Lodestone Golem.  I love controlling people, but doing it in a less obvious way, especially when it comes to mana.  I don't like LD, so I don't do Pox, but I love me some MUD.  Thalia is in my top 5 creatures ever, and is a certain in almost any white deck I play, her and Death and Taxes :PSphinx's revelation is just my favorite draw spell ever.  Love the art, love the life, and most of all, love drawing my deck with it in EDH.  Cheers!

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Favorite Card To Play
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 06:20:35 am »
Unfortunately i'm also stuck with three cards; Bone splinters, Spiteful Shadows and Howlgeist.
1. I play bone splinters in my U/B zombie deck where I sac my and my opponent's creature for field advantage. Also because it's a mill deck I use the card on zombies such as Rotcrown Ghoul and also make you mill cards in the process. This works great in decks with undying creatures.
2. Spiteful shadows is a cool card to use if you really want to sneak some damage in on your opponent. I enchant my opponent's creature with the shadows and then I use my harvest pyre on that creature by exiling my graveyard. It's a beautiful behind the back finish if the enemy is not expecting it.
3. Last but not least is my Howlgeist ( i know he's my favorite cause i have at least 6 copies.USually cause of his effect weaker creatures stand no chance stopping him. However to get over the larger ones i use wreath of geists on howlgeist to pump him up even more. Innistrad for the win!!!!

z0180

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 06:15:24 am »
One of my favourite cards is probably Cabal Therapy. Rn I think I own about 12 copies, 4 are Chinese and they're pretty sweet. I opened it from an actual Judgement pack way back when I was a kid and have kept it. I used to run it along with Duress in my R/B Nightmares deck when Torment was in standard. I have played it in many a mono-black deck and I love how it interacts with Mishra's Factory in my build of Pox (1 colourless mana to activate the factory, flashback Cabal Therapy). I play it in Storm because it's really powerful and combos with Gitaxian Probe to eliminate the guessing game. I play it in Dredge because it's a house. Strip yr opponent of a card, fart out a couple of 2/2 zombies and do it again. I think Dredge might be the best Cabal Therapy deck ever and I just love this card and I will find an excuse to play it whenever I can.

I think after that card I really like Lightning Bolt. It's the best Instant ever. The design is so simple, powerful and fun. I own a zillion copies of that card and I collected only Lightning Bolts exclusively for a while. I enjoy Remand and Eternal Witness, because they represent this kind of weird card advantage that puts the "Huh?" look on your opponent's face every time. And lastly, one of my favorite cards of all time is Fallen Angel. Time has not been kind to Fallen Angel, but for the low, low price of a creature, you can Unholy Strength a 3/3, flying, black, angel. I love it from a design aspect (this sad angel who fell from up above and starts making everyone sacrifice all the things because she's fallen and sad) and from how I used to just play it in all of my decks. Thanks for reading!

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 07:28:57 am »
The ones that offer an opportunity to do something hilarious. Favorite: Splinter + Myr Landshaper.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

Erok33

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 07:06:06 pm »
**First Post Ever**
My favourite card, being a devoted blue player, has to be either Ponder or Brainstorm. Each having its own huge advantage in the styles that I love to play. Everyone curses blue for Force of Will and the other counter magic, but from a blue player to the magic world... draw card wins you games and these two one mana spells are some of the best their is.

NickNasty

• "I'm as real as the streets!"
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 10:44:40 pm »
The ones that offer an opportunity to do something hilarious. Favorite: Splinter + Myr Landshaper.

That is straight up badass.

NickNasty

• "I'm as real as the streets!"
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 10:49:30 pm »
Though I have never personally played this card because I do not own it, I think sacrificing or destroying one's own Protean Hulk would be a satisfying feeling. Perhaps I am being too idealistic here, but I imagine that card has been at the front of some serious comebacks.

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 11:06:20 pm »
I have always been obsessed with sudden spoiling. Its so versatile and can't be counter-spelled.

List of favorite ways to use.
1. use to fog
2. use to fog and block and kill their (whatever they had attacking you)
3. use to stop opponent from using any creature abilities for rest of turn.
4. use on opponent after they declare blockers to kill their creatures.
5. use to stop opponents creatures that have "come into play" abilitys for a turn.

NUFF SAID:)