deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] green black discard  (Read 464 times)

kodster97

• Decks
[Modern] green black discard
« on: August 31, 2015, 06:58:17 pm »
green black discard

any suggestions on how to improve this deck will appreciated

TyTy03

• Decks
Re: [Modern] green black discard
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 11:37:00 am »
As a 8Rack player (Mono black), I kinda like your idea to splash Green, but I feel like your deck is something less powerful than Jund.

My problem is, you don't have that much discard and don' take every advantage of your green splash.

You'll play Bob on turn 2, maybe. But you don't want to play Augur of Skulls or Liliana's Caress. Your aim  seems to discard them as much as possible to get rid of their answers to your threats.

You have only 10 discards cards, with Liliana, that's not what we can call a discard deck. Mono black discard plays 22 cards to discards (including Smallpox)

To keep your main idea, there are some changes I'd make :

-4 Augur of Skulls
-3 Liliana's Caress
-3 Nyxathid
-2 Swamp

+4 Wrench Mind (More discard)
+1 Inquisition of Kozilek (More discard)
+2 Shrieking Affliction (More rack's damages, Rack > Liliana's Caress)
+3 Scavenging Ooze (Will have a lot of fuel, helps with the life loss of Bob, also strong against Delver's deck)
+1 Twilight Mire
+1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth (Specially with Liliana and Wrench mind, you want your two Black on turn 2, maybe considering 2, also your fetchs are Swamp,at some point of the game you don't need to lose life for fetching)

Ofc, more Liliana's would be great, but considering it's bit expensive, I think you don't have them and stick to your list, I would consider swaping 1 or 2 Bob for Tasigur, the Golden fang.

By splashing Green, i'd play some kind of "Loam Discard", with Life from the Loam for infinite discard, Darkblast, Vengeful Pharaoh even Smallpox can be considering.

Hopefuly that's helped.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 11:45:23 am by TyTy03 »