deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Question about Legendary Rule  (Read 879 times)

NickNasty

• "I'm as real as the streets!"
  • Decks
Question about Legendary Rule
« on: September 03, 2015, 06:00:10 pm »
To my understanding, the Legendary rule asserts that no player can have more than one copy of any particular Legendary permanent on the field at the same time. My question is, does this rule apply to cards such as Clone? I am curious as to what others think.

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
Re: Question about Legendary Rule
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 06:09:06 pm »
The coping effect of Clone copies everything on the target, including Legendary or Planeswalker - X characteristics. If you control both permanents, short a card saying otherwise, you have to sacrifice one of them.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 12:15:49 am »
When he says "short a card saying otherwise," he's talking about Brothers Yamazaki XD

Also keep in mind that the legendary rule is different, slightly, for Planeswalkers.  For a legend card, you can have multiple legendary creatures, as long as they don't have the same exact name name (for example, you can have Dragonlord Dramoka and Dramoka, The Eternal out at the same time).  However, you can't control a Planeswalker at the same time as another planeswalker of the same character subtype (so you can't have Jace, Memory Adept and Jace, Architect of Thought at the same time, because they're the same Planeswalker - Jace).   
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 01:04:16 am »
I was thinking Mirror Gallery, but close enough.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx