deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Mono-White Life Angels  (Read 1585 times)

Sicho

• Decks
[Modern] Mono-White Life Angels
« on: September 25, 2015, 01:51:11 pm »
Mono-White Life Angels

Lots of cards that make you gain life. Then there are creatures that get buffs when you gain life. Also enchantments, which create token creatures when you gain certain amount of life.

Still looking for a sideboard, Feedback welcome.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 01:56:04 pm by Sicho »

dakkaknight

• Decks
Re: Mono-White Life Angels - Comments
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 11:44:58 pm »
Your land count is a little low to be running a seven drop like Resolute Archangel. Maybe pull a couple of Staff of the Sun Magus for additional lands.

Sicho

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 09:58:30 am »
Your land count is a little low to be running a seven drop like Resolute Archangel. Maybe pull a couple of Staff of the Sun Magus for additional lands.

Hi :)

First I just want to mention that this is the first time that I ever constructed a deck by mself.. so it's prone to be unperfect ;)

You might be onto something with your comment, I played the deck a bit on the kitchentable and in MTGO yesterday and mana was more than once a bit of an issue.

Are there white creatures that can act as mana source? Or that ca fetch lands?

dakkaknight

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Mono-White Life Angels
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 04:59:57 pm »
Knight of the White Orchid fetches Plains, and provides a decent body.

Sicho

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 12:12:59 am »
I replaced two Staff of the Sun Magus with two Knight of the White Orchid. Time to test this out.

Still looking for good sideboard ideas since I'm not experienced with sideboards. I think I'm a bit short of creature removals and counterspells but that's to be expected with Mono-White? Stuff like Fated Retribution just cost too much Mana.

OrsoBear76

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 12:44:45 am »
Maybe you could change a couple of Serra Angel with Baneslayer Angel (same evocation cost but better qualities)
and I don't understand the real utility of Resolute Archangel in a lifegain deck... I suggest to use Angelic Skirmisher (she's my favourite...)
OrsoBear76

"Una mente acuta tiene in mano un esercito
come un'agile mano tiene in mano una spada"

Sicho

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 08:42:25 am »
Maybe you could change a couple of Serra Angel with Baneslayer Angel (same evocation cost but better qualities)
and I don't understand the real utility of Resolute Archangel in a lifegain deck... I suggest to use Angelic Skirmisher (she's my favourite...)

You are making really good points here. Thanks for the suggestions.

To explain where Resolute Archangel comes from: this is a deck I built only with the cards I had at my disposal at the time both in my MTGO and Real Life Magic collections. Therefore my cardpool was limited. Also, it started first as a green-white deck and not mono-white. But it was only meant to be a deck for casual fun matches.

But I really like the life gain synergies (it's pissing off so many people haha) that I wanted to take the deck to a new level and maybe play some 1 on 1 Modern tournaments in MTGO with it. Therefore I started rebuilding it as a Mono-White but still restricted myself to my MTGO card pool.

I'll try to get my hands on the cards you mentioned. Shouldn't be too hard with all those selling bots in MTGO. Could be harder / more expensive in Paper Magic.

Sicho

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 01:55:18 pm »
Wouldn't Elspeth Tirel also nicely fit into this deck? Especially since her Ultimate can kill off the enemies' creatures and leave your angel tokens alive. And her +1 could really help pass the 4 life threshold that's needed for Angelic Accord to trigger.

Sicho

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 06:38:36 pm »
I just pulled a Felidar Sovereign from a booster... I think it would actually fit quite nicely in this deck. What's your opinion?

OrsoBear76

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 11:56:24 pm »
In your deck why don't you consider the idea to put Victory's Herald?
And the real lord of this strategy: Archangel of Thune!
Another strategic but "pay attention playing it" card for a mono white is Endless Horizons
OrsoBear76

"Una mente acuta tiene in mano un esercito
come un'agile mano tiene in mano una spada"

Juri_pro

• MtG Pro Player
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 12:04:11 am »
Path to Exile ? Any control of game, reset this deck.
<-- Did I help you ? If it is yes, click on [vote up]