deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern GB Deck Idea OR concept]  (Read 1337 times)

judedudemude

• Ach! Hans, run! It's Jude!
    • Captain Azazel Vii Backwards, the Jude dude in a mude himself
  • Decks
[Modern GB Deck Idea OR concept]
« on: October 04, 2015, 09:34:15 am »
A deck that is modern legal that can cause a infinite loop that would either burn or mill opponent(s)

You will need these in the deck:

Viscera Seer: Your optional sack when you need to sack.

Melira, Sylvok Outcast: Gives your creatures with persist the ability to keep coming back from the grave and the core aspect of the strategy, without her or she gets REKT in the process of completing the loop would be a major

Safehold Elite OR Murderous Redcap: You 2 creatures that have persist and are super cheap, redcap also deals damage as a bonus.

Blasting Station: A sack outlet that also deals damage if you want to go the burn way OR Altar of the Brood: If you want the mill loop, just replace blasting station with this card that is in your side deck.

You need 4x copies of each:

4 Viscera Seer
4 Melira, Sylvok Outcast
4 Safehold Elite
4 Murderous Redcap
4 Blasting Station
4 Altar of the Brood

By turn 4 Win in a 1v1 or multiplayer via burn (You use Blasting Station) or mill (Altar of the Brood) though a loop. Altar of the Brood in the side deck which can be swap out for the infinite mill, if you want mill instead of infinite burn. Collected Company and or Kitchen Finks are good ideas....

quakedoom

• Decks
Re: burn or mill loop (GB) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 03:19:24 pm »
Hi, I like the deck. Nice variant on Birthing Pod however, you say Infinite Mill loop but I'm not sure where the mill comes in. It could be combined the with another deck = Altar of the brood, Heartless Summoning, 2x Myr retriever and shred memory for tutelage (and against mirror matches)... Going GB seems a bit all in. The infinite mill of Heartless Myrs tends to be UB but GB could be interesting if you fog maybe.. Could bitter ordeal in this deck as well but I guess but that might be too conditional, maybe with more persist creatures? Nice work already though, looks fun! Thanks,

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
Re: [Modern] burn or mill loop (GB)
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 06:41:56 pm »
Agreed; there is no mill here. Melira, Sylvok Outcast + Viscera Seer + Safehold Elite + Altar of the Brood = mill.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

judedudemude

• Ach! Hans, run! It's Jude!
    • Captain Azazel Vii Backwards, the Jude dude in a mude himself
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 10:52:44 pm »
Hi, I like the deck. Nice variant on Birthing Pod however, you say Infinite Mill loop but I'm not sure where the mill comes in.

[card]altar of dementia[/card] or etc. [card]Altar of dementia[/card] is not properly legal in modern though.

quakedoom

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 02:40:21 pm »

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 08:28:43 pm »
 ??? 3 cards, murtelestic motherfuckers! Lich's Mirror+Loaming Shaman+Elixir of Immortality! If you are so stupid to spends countless of money for nothing - then you don't deserve playing Magic:The Gathering at all!  :-\

Drunk Cynic

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 08:04:26 pm »
??? 3 cards, murtelestic motherfuckers! Lich's Mirror+Loaming Shaman+Elixir of Immortality! If you are so stupid to spends countless of money for nothing - then you don't deserve playing Magic:The Gathering at all!  :-\
Except the artifacts only work if they are already in play, and the creature doesn't help you at all. If you've been milled to 0, you won't get to your 1st main phase to cast the creature. Even if you some how give the creature flash, or had the artifacts in play, I just respond by sacrificing a creature infinitely many times till you're milled to zero again, and you'll lose next time you draw.

Before you discharge insults, be sure you aren't demonstrating your ignorance.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.

Juri_pro

• MtG Pro Player
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 11:20:29 am »
<-- Did I help you ? If it is yes, click on [vote up]

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 07:47:55 pm »
Except the artifacts only work if they are already in play, and the creature doesn't help you at all. If you've been milled to 0, you won't get to your 1st main phase to cast the creature. Even if you some how give the creature flash, or had the artifacts in play, I just respond by sacrificing a creature infinitely many times till you're milled to zero again, and you'll lose next time you draw.

I play Loaming Shaman in a centaur deck. I play 3 of it. Throw your chances of me not drawing at least 1 of the card even on the first turn and not waiting till the end, to cast any of them. I also have 2 artifacts of each and carry them as side-board for each of my decks, if I see player plays with such a tombination, and usually if I see - I don't play and don't waste my fucking time with such stupidities. So, I don't care what you will respond with, sure I will put 1 of the artifacts in play. 3 cards are absolutely making useless tons of murtle ideas and non-constructive playing. So, throw your worst at someone else. Not on me or my wonderful Tribal ideas. There are enough stupid psychologists that don't do shit all of their life, without your Paranoid Delusions and Psychic Intrusion.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 08:14:14 pm »
Lot of hate talk about mill counters, or at least one guy who I'm not sure has ever played against a mill deck.  I play regularly with a group of friends and one of them loves, loves, loves mill.  All of the decks one a 1-of copy of some card that shuffles if it's put into graveyard (Eldrazi Titans, Blightsteel Colossus, etc.  I had a bunch extra lying around so i just threw them in).  His general answer to that is Leyline of the Void or Rest in Peace

Which is why it shocks me that nobody ever talks about Wheel of Sun and Moon, though.  It's my favorite mill counter.  yeah it's an enchantment so easy to kill, but if it's out there it kinda derails the mill until it's dealt with.  One of my favorite cards.  Also, the art is amazing. 
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 08:15:13 pm »
sorry i meant to say all of the decks *I run have 1-off copies
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Drunk Cynic

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 09:59:30 pm »

I play Loaming Shaman in a centaur deck. I play 3 of it. Throw your chances of me not drawing at least 1 of the card even on the first turn and not waiting till the end, to cast any of them. I also have 2 artifacts of each and carry them as side-board for each of my decks, if I see player plays with such a tombination, and usually if I see - I don't play and don't waste my fucking time with such stupidities. So, I don't care what you will respond with, sure I will put 1 of the artifacts in play. 3 cards are absolutely making useless tons of murtle ideas and non-constructive playing. So, throw your worst at someone else. Not on me or my wonderful Tribal ideas. There are enough stupid psychologists that don't do shit all of their life, without your Paranoid Delusions and Psychic Intrusion.
If this infinite mill combo hits, the three responses you've stated are null and void. The better answer is an instant speed response that removes one of the pieces. Hit any of the three parts of the combo while the Persist trigger is on the stack, or the persist creature itself while it is in the graveyard, and you've broken the infinite combo. There is a myriad of options that will stop this combo from working, so you don't have to refuse to play against this deck because you're scared.

The responses you've highlighted don't work, and when their inadequacy was highlighted you focused on your reliance on tribal synergies.