deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Most underrated commander of all time  (Read 1062 times)

griffstick

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Most underrated commander of all time
« on: October 09, 2015, 10:51:36 am »
Most underrated commander of all time

A Brief Description

big green creatures, mana ramp, card draw. i try to have fun and sit back looking innocent mana ramping and mass card drawing then i play big fatties and my commander. in a 4 player game he can easily be a 25/25.

Some combos, synergies, and win conditions:

if you don't know about this card (Triumph of the Hordes) now you know. This and my commander is a win condition.

If my commander dies and Nim Deathmantle is in play you can attach this to him and bring him back but now he has intimidate for the evasion.

Bellowing Tanglewurm works as well in a similar way.

Caller of the Claw works good with Nim Deathmantle so does Terastodon, Nessian Wilds Ravager, and Kalonian Twingrove.

Colossus of Akros, and my commander work great with Garruk, Primal Hunter's second ability.

Elemental Resonance notably is the best ramp card in the deck cause it can target not just your own stuff like Colossus of Akros, but your opponent's stuff too. Which is good if you want to put a target on another creature's head or someone's highly converted mana costed permanent.

Sword of War and Peace is good in this deck cause I can make people draw lots of cards from Howling Mine, Font of Mythos, and Otherworld Atlas. Oh and speaking of mass card draw who wants extra cards in your hand if most of them are lands? So I've added 2 creatures for playing extra lands, Sakura-Tribe Scout, and Walking Atlas.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Most underrated commander of all time - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 03:15:09 am »
Did I miss the part where you say who your commander is?
This space for rent.

griffstick

• Decks

Orokem

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Most underrated commander of all time
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 03:59:55 am »
It's the first card shown in the link he attached to the first line.

griffstick

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 04:02:24 am »
That is correct sir

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 06:32:23 am »
So then what is the 100th card in the deck?

Deck only lists 99. That's why I had the conclusion that the commander wasn't listed.
This space for rent.

griffstick

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 08:41:51 am »
Thank you for pointing that out I had been meaning to fix that. I just fix it and updated the deck. I hope that helps

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 06:24:49 am »
This is a really interesting deck, how does it hold up against aggro decks?
This space for rent.

griffstick

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 06:27:34 pm »
Well both decks are play a 100 card singleton game of  EDH and depending on our hands and what we draw will always ultimately determine how it will play against any deck even an agro deck. But an agro deck usually means " i play more low converted mana costed pernaments and i play lots of single spot removal cards". So in EDH in a one on one agro does great but in a multiplayer game when 3 or more players are playing the agro deck fizzles out in the distance. Meanwhile my commander Multani, Maro-Sorcerer gets bigger. So to answer you question, yes the deck does well against the agro stragity because its not usually what I'd pick for a one on one. If it was a one on one I try to win the mana race and put out big fatties and smash the agro opponent. The deck preforms well without the commander cause of all the fatties and fight cads and abilities.

TeroxCultus

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 12:23:54 pm »
Your cammander hase shroud ... you win condition doesn't work ... nothing can target him, means too that nothing can be attached to him. Hexproof makes something save, means your opponent can't target the hexproof cardcombination but you can.

EDIT: I'm wrong! ... It works!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 08:05:20 pm by TeroxCultus »

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 12:39:21 pm »
TeroxCultus,  Actually, shroud does not mean that nothing can be attached to the creature.  It just means that nothing can target him, not even spells/abilities that you control.  (Protection is the ability that prohibits attaching.)  While equip is a targeted ability, Nim Deathmantle has a separate ability that attaches to whatever card it brings back; and nothing about that ability is targeted.  If you look at all of the cards that the original poster called out, none of them say "target" aside from equipment.  But the only equipment he mentions putting on his commander is Nim Deathmantle.

P.S.  Did you notice that this was a 2 year old post?

Happy Brewing  :)
Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 05:27:14 pm »

I was like, wait, I replied to this? LOL
This space for rent.

TeroxCultus

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 01:24:05 pm »
TeroxCultus,  Actually, shroud does not mean that nothing can be attached to the creature.  It just means that nothing can target him, not even spells/abilities that you control.  (Protection is the ability that prohibits attaching.)  While equip is a targeted ability, Nim Deathmantle has a separate ability that attaches to whatever card it brings back; and nothing about that ability is targeted.  If you look at all of the cards that the original poster called out, none of them say "target" aside from equipment.  But the only equipment he mentions putting on his commander is Nim Deathmantle.

Happy Brewing  :)

yes ... i noticed that this post is/was verry old while i was posting my answer. :)

... isane .. it tooked a moment till i get this but in the end you're definetly right ... insane!