deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Standard Abzan Elves  (Read 482 times)

mastertransmuter

• Decks
[Standard] Standard Abzan Elves
« on: October 13, 2015, 09:08:54 am »
Standard Abzan Elves

This deck plays off of the standard Abzan Elf deck that just went out of standard.  Here, there are a few main changes: Dark Petition will function as your tutor; even though you will not be putting the card onto the battlefield, you will hopefully get your 3 black mana.  With Battle For Zendikar we got March from the Tomb, which could replace Rally the Ancestors, but I still like it here, as I can return any number of creatures from my graveyard.  Gilt-Leaf Winnower can actually be quite effective in standard now that the Eldrazi are back. 

Basic Mechanic:
Rather than using Satyr Wayfinder we have to work with Gather the Pack, so we are down a few creatures.  This is no big deal as Gather the Pack can fill up your graveyard quite quickly for the rallyElvish visionary is a very helpful card in the early game, as is Gnarlroot TrapperAbzan Charm and Murderous Cut for control, and Siege Rhino for power.  Shaman of the Pack is your lord.  If you play him early on, make sure you block or kill him off effectively so that you can use him and every other creature in your graveyard through Rally the Ancestors to make a swing in life total. 

Bobtheblade

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Standard Abzan Elves
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 04:51:18 pm »
i have a question regarding rally the ancestors, if i rally a bunch of elves back, can they attack even though they dont have haste?
an i just doing it for the "enter the field " abilities.

mastertransmuter

• Decks
Re: Standard Abzan Elves - Comments
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 06:16:31 pm »
No, these creatures will not have haste, so you do not want to rally too early!

mastertransmuter

• Decks
Re: Standard Abzan Elves - Comments
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 06:18:39 pm »
Try to get at least two Shaman of the Pack in there before you Rally the Ancestors. One or two Siege Rhino wouldn't hurt either to go along with any number of other elves you get to reanimate.  Remember, only the creatures you bring back get exiled at your next upkeep, not any of them that you already have in play.

Bobtheblade

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Standard Abzan Elves
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 10:47:49 pm »
what if you have sidisi or nantuko husks or quarsi in the graveyard with a siege rhino and you rally? can you sacrifice a siege rhino to one of them to avoid exiling it as it would go to the graveyard before the next upkeep?
tis way it could be rallied again