deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Creature Land Question  (Read 566 times)

Dboe

• Decks
Creature Land Question
« on: October 13, 2015, 09:28:57 pm »
If a land is turned into a creature either using older cards like Animate Land or Living Plane or the newer Awoken ability in standard, when it dies, does it revert back to being just a basic land?  Or does it stay as a creature?

The reason why I ask is I'm working on a "turn opponent's lands into creatures and destroying them/or removing them from game" using cards like Surgical Extraction or Extirpate.

Also, I had heard conflicting remarks, if a land is turned into a creature, is it now considered "nonland?" 

Thanks.

Lord_Cycer

• Decks
Re: Creature Land Question
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 12:21:04 am »
Most spells state still counts as a land within the spell description. As for the second part of your question spells retain no "memory" once they are in the graveyard.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
Re: Creature Land Question
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 12:36:06 am »
When a land is turned into a creature by some means, unless it specifies that it's "Still a land" (Celestial Colonade) then it's not considered a land anymore, which is important for spells that depend on land count (Boundless Realms). 

When it dies, the card reverts back to being a land, so Extirpate couldn't find it. 

If you're looking for a good card to go with your theme, and you're in modern, check out Eradicate.  it's searching for "cards with the same name" so it's not restrained by the creature/non-creature distinction.  The same combo can be found in green with Liquimetal coating + Splinter
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >