deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Black/Green Golgari 2015 Commander Deck: Plunder the Graves  (Read 2973 times)

judedudemude

• Ach! Hans, run! It's Jude!
    • Captain Azazel Vii Backwards, the Jude dude in a mude himself
  • Decks
Black/Green Golgari 2015 Commander Deck: Plunder the Graves

Commander (2015) brings 5 new enemy-colored preconstructed decks to the widely popular multiplayer format, Commander! Casual players will enjoy playing with these decks right out of the box as well as crafting new Commander decks or adding to their own deck creations using the 15 new Magic cards found in each deck! With a total of 55 new cards in the set, Commander (2015) is sure to be exciting for any experienced player looking to change-up their favorite decks! I just got the deck, Now I need to take stuff out to make it better, stronger and, faster.

DECK LIST:
1 over-sized COMMANDER

Land (38)
1 Command Tower
1 Evolving Wilds
1 Golgari Guildgate
1 Golgari Rot Farm
1 Grim Backwoods
1 High Market
1 Jungle Hollow
1 Polluted Mire
1 Slippery Karst
1 Tainted Wood
1 Terramorphic Expanse
1 Vivid Grove
1 Vivid Marsh
13 Swamp
12 Forest

Creatures (37)
1 regular size copy of the commander
1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
1 Satyr Wayfinder
1 Viridian Emissary
1 Wall of Blossoms
1 Viridian Zealot
1 Lotleth Troll
1 Korozda Guildmage
1 Blood Bairn
1 Phyrexian Rager
1 Skullwinder
1 Wood Elves
1 Eternal Witness
1 Corpse Augur
1 Centaur Vinecrasher
1 Bloodspore Thrinax
1 Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord
1 Shriekmaw
1 Indrik Stomphowler
1 Kessig Cagebreakers
1 Banshee of the Dread Choir
1 Phyrexian Plaguelord
1 Acidic Slime
1 Mycoloth
1 Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest
1 Vulturous Zombie
1 Great Oak Guardian
1 Champion of Stray Souls
1 Extractor Demon
1 Thief of Blood
1 Pathbreaker Ibex
1 Cloudthresher
1 Butcher of Malakir
1 Eater of Hope
1 Scourge of Nel Toth
1 Caller of the Pack
1 Térastodon
1 Verdant Force

Sorcery (10)
1 Mulch
1 Victimize
1 Primal Growth
1 Ambition's Cost
1 Sever the Bloodline
1 Barter in Blood
1 Rise from the Grave
1 Spider Spawning
1 Overwhelming Stampede
1 Dread Summons

Artifact (7)
1 Skullclamp
1 Sol Ring
1 Golgari Signet
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Thought Vessel
1 Bonehoard
1 Eldrazi Monument

Instant (6)
1 Altar's Reap
1 Tribute to the Wild
1 Golgari Charm
1 Grisly Salvage
1 Putrefy
1 Wretched Confluence

Enchantment (1)
1 Diabolic Servitude

Looking to incorporate these into the deck somehow: mikaeus the unhallowed cauldron of souls Phyrexian arena and staff of nin Rowen, abundance, life from the loam, sylvan library, life's legacy Ghoulcaller Gisa, creakwood liege, grave titan and, skirsdag high priest!

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
This is a FANTASTIC deck. I love the golgari as it was the second guild that I felt most comfortable with when playing in ravnica. My only concern is that the deck does not perform at its best. I recommend making this commander deck mostly golgari cards from the new ravnica block that do not have the scavenge effect (because you want to resurrect your creatures and not exile them). Creatures such as corpsejack menace would be good for +1/+1 counter making and provide strength to you for the deck's sake. Also If you incorporated actual Jund cards to this deck without using the red then it would have more flavor and stick best to it's theme of kill or be killed...and force to kill anyway. Beasts, dragons, plants and zombies would all be good recruits for this deck with the graveyard recursion being at a maximum. Also if you side bard or even main board some hand disruption and deck destruction black spells this would be  lethal monster of a deck. Just some things to keep in mind as you play.

judedudemude

• Ach! Hans, run! It's Jude!
    • Captain Azazel Vii Backwards, the Jude dude in a mude himself
  • Decks
Re: Black/Green Golgari 2015 Commander Deck: Plunder the Graves - Comments
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 08:16:52 am »
G. Moto, list of cards that you recommend and what you would take out? (compare your list with other posters list to hopefully get the best results)

G. Moto

• Decks

G. Moto

• Decks
Ok so what do you think about the other cards? Like what is the overall mission of this deck? are you trying to just dump your deck into the graveyard? are you trying to bounce creatures in and out of the grave for "enter the battlefield" effects? Are you trying to kill the enemy's creatures and then take control of them yourself? BLACK and GREEN can do a lot together but you need to have a deck focus besides just having a commander and playing his/her colors. For example, if i were to play Rakdos, lord of riots as my commander, then I'd want to have any and all B/R high drops that I can muster while playing enough burn spells so that I can use his effect to play big creatures for cheap. Do you kinda see where I'm going with this?