deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Double Lifelink???  (Read 5214 times)

DRockMillar

• Decks
Double Lifelink???
« on: November 25, 2015, 02:06:32 am »
I am playing a deck that is running Sorin, Solemn Visitor and Lantern Scout. I read somewhere that if there are more than one instance of lifelink, then a card could have double lifelink. Is this accurate? Meaning, if I have Drana's Emissary and Sorin, Solemn Visitor on the field, summon a Lantern Scout and use Sorin's +1, then swing with Drana, I gain 6 life and attack for 3?

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
Re: Double Lifelink???
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 02:34:16 am »
Nope.  Multiple instances of "lifelink" on a creature are redundant (they don't stack).

However, if you have a trigger that says "when <x happens>, you gain life", then that's a different story.  For example, Soul Link, though it does the same thing as lifelink, is not "lifelink."  Therefore, it stacks with itself or lifelink.  However, no.  Multiple lifelink instances are redundant. 

702.15. Lifelink

702.15a Lifelink is a static ability.
702.15b Damage dealt by a source with lifelink causes that source’s controller, or its owner if it has no controller, to gain that much life (in addition to any other results that damage causes). See rule 119.3.
702.15c If a permanent leaves the battlefield before an effect causes it to deal damage, its last known information is used to determine whether it had lifelink.
702.15d The lifelink rules function no matter what zone an object with lifelink deals damage from.
702.15e Multiple instances of lifelink on the same object are redundant.
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

itscraigwells

• Decks
Re: Double Lifelink???
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 07:52:43 pm »
yeah i though for the longest time this was the case and i looked stupid at a tourment lol
One does not simply turn 2 ulamog