deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Junkyard Knights  (Read 540 times)

remingtonrohrbach

• Decks
[Modern] Junkyard Knights
« on: November 25, 2015, 05:08:53 pm »
Junkyard Knights

Knight of the Reliquary + Retreat to Coralhelm combo.

In playtesting, it's consistently been hitting the win-con by turn 4-5. I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:14:24 pm by remingtonrohrbach »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [Modern] Junkyard Knights
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 04:07:36 pm »
It looks like a pretty cool deck. I've never been big on putting my lands into the graveyard (unless i'm playing Golgari or just have a lot of mana), but you've found a way to make it work. Have you considered adding swell of growth to this deck? That way you can drop lands outside of your turn and add to the landfall effects of your creatures? Also adding cards such as emeria Sheppard, ondu greathorn, anticipate, coastal discovery, dispel, roilmage's trick, tightening coils, wave-wing elemental (since you'll be hitting multiple land drops per turn), earthen arms (for undergrowth champion), infuse with the elements, natural connection, retreat to kazandu, reclaiming vines, roil spout, skyrider elf, pilgrim's eye, and blighted woodland would all be good additions to this deck. Hopefully some of these card suggestions help.   

remingtonrohrbach

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 05:37:52 pm »
Swell of growth might be useful! Thanks!

I don't want to get too much going on the deck, because I don't want more cards to get in the way of my win-con. I tried to add some counter spell stuff and card advantage, to help speed the deck along and buy myself some extra time. I was considering adding Silence too, in case of a fog or something, but so far it's been working fast enough that I haven't needed it.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 06:07:54 pm »
Ok that's good. And when in doubt you can always just add those cards to your sideboard. Also some of the other cards like natural connection and blighted woodland are excellent for getting mana early and would be beneficial towards thinning the deck as you play.