deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Suggestions for a Newbie's first deck  (Read 524 times)

Julie.simmons

• Decks
Suggestions for a Newbie's first deck
« on: November 28, 2015, 09:50:56 pm »
Hello. This is my first serious self built deck. I've been playing and tweaking it for nearly 2 months now. Just added the ally aspect, Dromoka cards, abzan charms, and arashin clerics today but haven't gotten to play it with new additions. Would love feedback. I don't really have or want to drop a ton of money on cards. I would rather trade for what I need. Thanks everyone!

4 Drana's Emissary
1 Drana, Liberator of Malakir
4 Felidar Sovereign
3 Defiant Bloodlord
4 Blighted Steppe
4 Evolving Wilds
3 Malakir Familiar
1 Lantern Scout
3 Champion of Arashin
4 Arashin Cleric
2 Abzan Charm
1 Dragonlord Dromoka
2 Dromoka's Command
2 Typhoid Rats
4 Scoured Barrens
1 Blighted Fen
7 Swamp
2 Touch of Moonglove
2 War Oracle
1 Infinite Obliteration
1 Retreat to Emeria
1 Sidisi, Undead Vizier
7 Plains

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Suggestions for a Newbie's first deck
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 08:35:05 am »
The deck itself look pretty thought out and i like the idea that it's taking. I do have a few suggestions that help make this deck run a little better. If life gain is what you're going for then try adding kalastria healer, nirkana assassins, zulaport cuthroat and bloodbond vampire. These creatures are all black and when health gain is involved they all get stronger. Also if you combo the card vampiric rites with more of your retreat to emerai then you'll have a creature to sacrifice every turn, a new card to draw outside of your normal draw step, and if you have zulaport AND kalastria on the field then your opponent is gonna lose 2 health just by that one kor token entering and then leaving the field. That's why blighted woodland would be good to have in this deck as well as 1 or 2 more retreat to emeria. If you focus more on the health gaining then you'd win faster. Also if you want to fight then try adding tandem tactics so that way your creatures will get stronger from the power boost, you'll gain more health, and the vampires will get their secondary effects from the health gaining. Also here's a little trick i made myself; If you play pathway arrows with a creature that has deathtouch then any creature that it deals damage to will automatically kill it. So this way you have long distance sniping AND field advantage. And the best part is that most of the cards i just suggested are common and uncommons. How does that sound as far as recommendations go?