deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Mill  (Read 927 times)

ALFA Jalanto347

• Decks
[Modern] Mill
« on: November 29, 2015, 11:23:39 pm »
Mill

Getting ride of my opponents deck

If you have any suggestions please tell me.

Tygar

• Decks
Re: Mill - Comments
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 03:11:45 am »
Two suggestions hydro lash and mind grind for a defensive draw and if they need mana you can screw them if you ramp faster

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
Re: [Modern] Mill
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 03:51:02 am »
Four too many cards, far too many colors.

Your bevy of 1 of's are going to lead to inconsistency.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

_lemage

• Decks
Re: Mill - Comments
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 04:39:29 am »
Don't play both alhamarates archive and thought reflection at the same time, you'd draw yourself out.

Dboe

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 06:37:31 am »
If you are doing modern, remove pretty much all eldrazi, and play cards like hedron crab, traumatize, sphinx's tutelage, consecrated sphinx, prosperity, jace's erasure, arcane denial, counterspell, vapor snag, etc. There are also cards that say if a card we to be put in the grave yard, exile it instead to fight against old eldrazi. There are way more options but yeah, those are some solid ones.  You could also play forced fruition, causing them to discard every turn.  If you are standard, take out your two modern cards, and build around strangers ingest functions.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 07:09:50 am »
I think you'll do well removing, completely, Ulamog, The Ceaseless Hunger.  He's a good card, but his mana cost and the fact that he actually has to attack I think kinda goes counter to the point you're looking at here. 

If I may, Dboe said a lot of good cards there.  You may also want to throw in an Archive Trap.  5 mana to mill 13, and it's free if they crack a fetchland.  Can't beat that. 

Other really good mill cards are Mind Funeral (harsh), mindgrind (harsher), Tome scourHedron crab is a really nice one. 

Also, if you wanna have creatures in there, then Jace's Phantasm is a good one, as is Consuming Aberration and Wight of Precinct 6.  Those last two combo nicely with Phenax, God of Deception.  ALso Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker.    Another creature I really like in U/B or MonoU mill is Undead Alchemist
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >