deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Bad giants maybe?  (Read 500 times)

jonasb226

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Bad giants maybe?
« on: November 30, 2015, 06:28:53 am »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Bad giants maybe?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 07:07:43 am »
     I understand the purpose behind the high drops but you do realize that only the 5+ mana CREATURES are what contribute to your commander's experience counters right? Also the cards that destroy EVERYTHING need to go. It's hard enough trying to get high drop creatures on the field but then to constantly board wipe yourself is just one big continuous set back after another. I mean i saw that your Iroas is indestructible and boros charm makes other creatures the same way but having THAT many is really gonna hurt you, especially the cards that say destroy all lands. Not trying to harp on you or anything like that but there are plenty of other better cards you could be adding to this deck rather than destroy everything effects.
     For instance, feat of resistance, zada hedron grinder (I know she's a goblin but if you target her ALL your creatures get the effect), temur battle rage, mardu runemark, magma spray, brave the elements, and cards from the boros legion that actually contribute to the theme of the deck. Not knocking your deck but to be honest, it's hard to fight the enemy when your own creatures and spells are hurting you. If you need those board wipes because getting big creatures out is a slow process then try side boarding the ones that let you scry as well. Besides that trim out the self afflicting cards and add cards that give you combat tricks. For example; serene steward + any white card that gives you health regularly means that you can keep putting +1/+1 counters on your creatures. This will make the creatures that have first/double strike and trample more effective in combat. I hope that you don't take any of this personally, I just don't want you to give up on a good deck because of some ill chosen cards.