deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Mardu Tokens  (Read 1627 times)

Keahi8o8

• Decks
[Standard] Mardu Tokens
« on: January 31, 2016, 09:17:17 pm »
Mardu Tokens

Just had the thought of this deck pop into my mind, and wanted to make the dream reality.

The focus I'm trying to get at is getting the Zulaport Cutthroat and Impact Tremors out to whittle down your opponent with the token spamming cards and blocking.

The Bloodsoaked Champs are there for that early game presence and because they can come back with their raid ability. If Bloodsoaked Champion isn't your kinda play-style, then I can suggest replacing them with Zurgo Bellstriker because you can continuously dash him to have Impact Tremors activate.

Though the deck is pretty vulnerable to board clears, as long as you have a Zulaport out you'd be gaining and dealing a lot, and those Goblin Dark-Dwellers can help you recycle the used Hordeling Outburst or clear with a Crackling Doom.

If anyone has any suggestions, please don't hesitate to suggest some improvements.
And thanks in advance for everyone to even just take your time to look at the decklist.

~Keahi

deaddman9

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Mardu Tokens
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 09:07:28 pm »
I really like this deck, I think the synchronicity is simple and wouldnt be the type that gets busted down completely by a control deck.

I love graveyard retrieval so I'm definitely a fan of using bloodsoaked champ since the raid requirement should be easy to meet.

The only thing I might suggest to omit are the chandras. I think that this deck functions excellent as an early-midrange playstyle, there may be a few cards that give you a similar ability to sustain pressure but cost a bit less.

Robingyou

• Decks
Re: Mardu Tokens - Comments
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 05:03:10 am »
Like the deck but yes i would replace chandra for hangerback walker give u nice chump on board and when its split the thopters will trigger tremors

Keahi8o8

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 04:17:23 am »
i would replace chandra for hangerback walker

Thanks for the advice, I think this would work better since they can come out earlier on in the game or  be a bigger drop to play late (if I ever get to late game)

MistahJman

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 04:39:06 am »
Love the idea!!!
Maybe some Dutiful Return
Also some Fleshbag Marauder's will help with the vulnerability problem

Keahi8o8

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 02:48:55 am »
Love the idea!!!
Maybe some Dutiful Return
Also some Fleshbag Marauder's will help with the vulnerability problem

Honestly speaking, I think Dutiful Return would slow the deck down since there's already a way to get the Bloodsoaked Champion back onto the field, and a Zulaport Cutthroat is expendable in certain situations. Also, the Goblin Dark-Dwellers comes out a bit late for the card to be value. I just think it sorta brings away from the pace of the deck in my eyes, but if you find that the card would help in the deck, there's no better way to find out than to test test test away :D

Also, Fleshbag Marauder and Merciless Executioner could be some decent sideboards. :D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:39:58 am by Keahi8o8 »

Dboe

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 06:18:51 pm »
Another direction you could take this deck would also be kalastria healer + captain's claws, then if you have your impact tremors out with zulaport cutthroat, that might get pretty damn crazy.

Its all speculation though, and maybe the captain's claws are too slow for what you are trying to do.  But it fits your colors, and hits some of the big points.

Keahi8o8

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 08:15:48 am »
Another direction you could take this deck would also be kalastria healer + captain's claws, then if you have your impact tremors out with zulaport cutthroat, that might get pretty damn crazy.

Its all speculation though, and maybe the captain's claws are too slow for what you are trying to do.  But it fits your colors, and hits some of the big points.

I like the idea! :D
But for what i have right now, I think these cards would slow the deck down :(
One thing that I could do later on though, is maybe try to make a version of the deck with those sorta cards, just for kicks and giggles to play against my friends.

Thanks for the thought though, I really appreciate it!
~Keahi