deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Kaalia of the vast  (Read 745 times)

Archangell

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Kaalia of the vast
« on: February 04, 2016, 07:08:50 am »
Kaalia of the vast

This is my very first deck and was just looking for some feedback. If you have suggestions I am all ears. And if you think it looks good to go let me know. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 07:26:10 am by Archangell »

AliasGreg

• "WATCH OUT! WATCH OUT! WATCH OUT"
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Kaalia of the vast
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 05:46:32 pm »
Hello,  :D

Nice list for a first attempt! :)

To my mind, Kalia should be a light deck with some overkill angels, dragons and demons. (like Master of Cruelties or Iona, Shield of Emeria)
Otherwise you risk to face an opening hand with too many high cost cards.
So, you want to find these cards when you need them with tutor cards like your Demonic Tutor, or draw cards.

The deck thus lose some funny splashy things but you get a more subtile one where you can add some removals or utility cards, especially if you play 1 VS 1.
If not, you can indeed add some bigger cards to face multiple opponents.

Hope it helps a little.  ;)

Siryphen

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Kaalia of the vast
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 07:58:28 pm »
I run her as a commander as well. I focus on getting rid of player's lands, including my own. I don't know how to post my deck on here. However, feel free to check out my version.

Archangell

• Decks
Re: Kaalia of the vast - Comments
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 06:30:33 am »
Thank you both! I have play tested this deck several times now and im really liking it. Although, i do not know how i feel about quicksilver amulet. If you have replacement suggestions please let me know.