deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Enchantments will rule the world  (Read 2408 times)

chandichada

• Decks
[Standard] Enchantments will rule the world
« on: February 05, 2016, 03:35:21 pm »
Enchantments will rule the world

control white blue

Control the enemy horde until u can build up some of your own angels. Keep drawing cards with siege and when you are build up overun the enemy with starfield and/or vigil.

I have been playing with a variation of this deck and have had some pretty mixed results. But I love it . Your suggetsions will be welcome. Thank You.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:38:36 pm by chandichada »

ladof

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Enchantments will rule the world
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 05:57:53 pm »
I've recently played against something similar to this a few times and I'll warn you, it's very susceptible to zoo/aggro and other control decks.

I had great success with a UB Eldrazi deck that used things like spell shrivel and ulamog's nullifier (coupled with ingest for the exiled cards) to keep their enchantments down.

It was a pretty good deck, but it definitely had its limitations.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Dboe

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 09:28:17 pm »
I would remove 2 of the sigil's of the empty throne.  You are pretty heavy in the 5 CMC range.  Consider running 2 isolation zones.  Yeah, they cost 4, but it gives you the ability to exile other permanents besides creatures.  Another strong possibility would be 2 Quarantine Fields.  This gives you the option to exile plainswalkers too, which is huge.   Also, since you have no real way to tutor out enchantments, consider running 2-3 (or a playset if you want the alternate win con) of hedron alignment.  That will give you the ability to cycle through your deck with scry, and still provide you enchantment support.  Plus it is hexproof, so that's cool.  Myth realized is also a great one drop for this deck too.  It steadily builds as you play more and more enchantments, counts towards Nyx, and then when you swing, just pay a white to get like a swinging 20/20 or something.  You then can use it to block the following turn, as it reverts back to an enchantment at EOT. 

deaddman9

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 04:27:26 am »
I don't even know where to begin in order to suggest changes to this deck, but I just wanted to let you know that this is awesome.

chandichada

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 08:01:33 pm »
I would remove 2 of the sigil's of the empty throne.  You are pretty heavy in the 5 CMC range.  Consider running 2 isolation zones.  Yeah, they cost 4, but it gives you the ability to exile other permanents besides creatures.  Another strong possibility would be 2 Quarantine Fields.  This gives you the option to exile plainswalkers too, which is huge.   Also, since you have no real way to tutor out enchantments, consider running 2-3 (or a playset if you want the alternate win con) of hedron alignment.  That will give you the ability to cycle through your deck with scry, and still provide you enchantment support.  Plus it is hexproof, so that's cool.  Myth realized is also a great one drop for this deck too.  It steadily builds as you play more and more enchantments, counts towards Nyx, and then when you swing, just pay a white to get like a swinging 20/20 or something.  You then can use it to block the following turn, as it reverts back to an enchantment at EOT.

I cannot see a use for the hedrons though. I have the sieges. Being able to draw cards makes it that much more likely that I will eventually draw what I need and cycles aswell. With Starfield of Nyx in play having enchantments in the graveyard can actually be an advantage for me. If I understand the rules correctly it weirdly enough allows me to bypass hexproof when I summon auras back into the battlefield.
Myth Realized is amazing in early and late game stages. Highest I got it to was 8/8 I think. Perfect One drop.
I will consider taking out two sigils. Thank you. Mana has been an issue.

chandichada

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 08:02:54 pm »
I don't even know where to begin in order to suggest changes to this deck, but I just wanted to let you know that this is awesome.

Thank You for the encouragement.

Dboe

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 06:31:23 pm »
Yes, you get the draw, but being able to scry before you make your draws is big.

Also, when they turn into creatures, they are now all of the sudden 3/3's with hexproof.

I'm not saying remove the Monastery Siege 's at all, they are important, but it never hurts to have stuff to help you cycle.
(you could potentially cycle 3 cards instead of just 2)

And yes, Starfield of Nyx allows you to put into play a card, and since you are not casting a spell, I believe it does bypass hexproof.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:42:16 pm by Dboe »

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
Re: Enchantments will rule the world - Comments
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 06:37:03 pm »
Copy Enchantment is cool:)  but its modern.

chandichada

• Decks
Re: Enchantments will rule the world - Comments
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 01:16:52 am »

Revision 6

Added/removed cards:
-4 Dead Weight
-4 Demonic Pact
-4 Evolving Wilds
-3 Swamp
+2 Illusory Gains
+4 Imprisoned in the Moon