deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] atarka/burn  (Read 1877 times)

kylecaraway

• Decks
[Standard] atarka/burn
« on: February 07, 2016, 10:10:59 pm »
atarka/burn

this is what i want to run give me some input plz

deaddman9

• Decks
Re: [Standard] atarka/burn
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 05:02:07 am »
I think that this deck would kickass as is, but one card that seems a bit out of place to me is the monastery swiftspear. I know you have 23 instants/sorcerys that would buff it up, so it may just be me wanting to see this deck be thicker with goblins, but I feel like a subterranean scout would go really well in its place. The nice thing about the scout is that it would be a good flop on any turn, especially if you played it first main on a piledriver so that the effect resolves before he got buffed by other attackers.

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 06:30:20 pm »
What do you think of this set up I started to think and in standard there's just not enough good 1 drop goblins to actually play a fast burn deck style so I changed it up a little tell me what you think of this compared to the previous cards in the deck. Thank you For your input btw much appreciated

deaddman9

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 04:14:47 pm »
I like the changes! Its certainly a much different deck now but it is very stacked with some very good cards.

One vulnerability you may have is overdrawing thunderbreaks. With 21 lands and 11 of them being sac lands, getting 4 mana out may be a bit too inconsistent for running 4 thunderbreaks. I would suggest taking out the windswept heaths and one of the thunderbreaks for 4 more mountains (since you only have 2 forests to fetch now, and only 4 cards with green in their mana cost).

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 05:49:29 pm »
what if instead of 3 windswepts i used 2, added a mountain only run two thunderbreak and put the other two in side board for when i used draconic roars and threw in two of those flamewales in?

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 05:50:15 pm »
the only reason i asked that is i see alot of pro atarka players using windswepts.

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 06:07:24 pm »
and do you think i should side board fiery conclusion instead of roast for the high token base? i ask cause it can hit flying and ground.

deaddman9

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 06:36:50 pm »
That should run pretty well with using the 2 flame wakes instead of the thunderbreaks, you can always tweak the mana base slightly if you test it and it's not working out.

As far as the SB goes I would definitely put some fiery conclusion in there. The main reason being that you can play it at instant speed, which gives you the option of blocking with a creature and saccing it before damage assignment. I've used that extensively to keep lifelinkers from lifelinking

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 06:39:57 pm »
ok thank you for the input now i just gotta test really lol. thanks again.