deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Artifact Knight - Side Board Help  (Read 2730 times)

shadylogician

• Decks
[Modern] Artifact Knight - Side Board Help
« on: April 28, 2016, 06:56:22 pm »
Artifact Knight

I was hoping I get tips on the side board.

Any other tips or suggestions are also appreciated.

I find it funny how this deck runs better than I can pilot it   :-[
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:15:38 pm by shadylogician »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: [Modern] Artifact Knight - Side Board Help
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 03:29:49 pm »
I'd consider adding 2 more lands, looking at it I'm not sure 18 is enough.

It's also possible that you could put in some creatures that have protection from certain colors....Fiendslayer Paladin, Mirran Crusader, Knight of Glory, etc..
This space for rent.

shadylogician

• Decks
Re: Vial Artifact Knight - Comments
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 11:31:03 pm »
Ty, I'll try to put in 2 more lands. In reference to protection, my main issue is red. I have been struggling with making them and others main board. I have also thought about ignoring protection and just using brave the elements. It might be easier with 2 more land.

shadylogician

• Decks
Re: Puresteel Exemplar - Comments
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 03:59:30 pm »
I having a hard time trying to figure out what can I move around in the sideboard to add some protection knights like the Paladin en-Vec and Stillmoon Cavalier if I even should.

shadylogician

• Decks
Re: Puresteel Exemplar - Comments
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 02:48:49 pm »
18 oddly enough is the perfect amount of lands. Having Aether Vial and these low mana spells makes this deck not very mana dependent and can become flooded very easily. Due to the nature of Knight Exemplar, this isn't exactly the fastest deck. You want to get the indestructible online and use Brave the Elements to protect it.

My main concern right now are fast fliers. I have recently started trying Spidersilk Net; been thinking about Leonin Skyhunter or Serra Avenger Any tips on those?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 03:03:41 pm by shadylogician »

Crusader

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 08:21:40 pm »
Yes, Leonin Skyhunter is your flyer. The harder you try to make this deck viable in competitive, it becomes more unplayable. It was my dream deck for many years still is. Mono white knights runs better in a primitive simple form. Splash some equipment, and do not depend on puresteel paladin. After that you wont need Aether vial without the acceleration. Eliminate the dead draw potential, increase independent cards. I can get deeper into the deck after I sleeve mine up. Will need 4-5 days to brainstorm and playtest.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 12:58:11 am »
Just tossing these out here, stoneforge masterwork and strength of arms.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

ushiikun

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 03:08:27 am »
Why Elbeth instead of Gideon? Gideon's tokens are Knight allies, synergizing with your deck much better.

shadylogician

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 02:29:00 pm »
Thanks everyone for your responses!

Mono white knights runs better in a primitive simple form. Splash some equipment, and do not depend on puresteel paladin. After that you wont need Aether vial without the acceleration. Eliminate the dead draw potential, increase independent cards.

I do see and agree that the Puresteel Paladin may be over-reaching. The Aether Vial is crucial however. It allows me to play my Knight Exemplars on the same turn protecting them from damage. Aether Vial is also helpful for combat tricks and unit replacement when opponent is tapped out. I do run a GW Vial Knight as well.

Just tossing these out here, stoneforge masterwork and strength of arms.

Stoneforge Masterwork is too slow if I am running slow. It has no impact if I have 1 creature out for a bit. I don't have room for Strength of Arms.

Why Elbeth instead of Gideon? Gideon's tokens are Knight allies, synergizing with your deck much better.

I want Gideon, Ally of Zendikar, but I am waiting for him to rotate out.

CosmicCharlie

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 02:40:14 pm »
I agree that pure-steel is over-reaching, 19 artifacts is not reliable enough for metalcraft and you only have 9-11 equipments for taking take advantage of his draw ability.
You're sideboard options really depends on your meta, you should really consider your meta when building and build your deck as 75  cards rather than 60 cards with a 15 card sideboard.

shadylogician

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 02:51:06 pm »
19 artifacts is not reliable enough for metalcraft

What number would be for a reliable metalcraft?

build your deck as 75  cards rather than 60 cards with a 15 card sideboard.

I like how you put that. That definitely paints a clearer picture. Thanks

CosmicCharlie

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 11:43:01 pm »
Back when I  had a metalcraft deck in standard I found 22 to be the bare minimum for metal craft by turn 3.

CosmicCharlie

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 11:51:59 pm »
You could always cut 2 puresteel paladin so that you don't need metal craft as much rather than upping your artifact count. Student of warfare is a solid replacement and spectral rider or leonin skyhunter are good if you're looking for more evasion with those swords.