deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: which one  (Read 7616 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: which one
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2016, 11:26:07 pm »
That's why it's better off as a sideboard card for a control matchup.
This space for rent.

deaddman9

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 02:33:43 am »
If anyone's interested, look up "Elemental Combo" decks in the modern format. They're decks that are centered around using nivmagus elemental's ability and may give a bit of insight on how to make it work best. The best mechanics to pair with the card are phyrexian mana (to feed it faster) and storm cards, because you can exile every copy or just a few if you want.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2016, 02:47:52 am »
There's definitely more uses for it in Modern, I was referring to when it was in Standard. I guess I should have been more clear on that.
This space for rent.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2016, 10:40:23 am »
   Ok so what if you combo nivmagus elemental with chandra ablaze? If you use her ultimate then will ALL of those cards go on the stack and then become exile fodder if you choose so?

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2016, 05:08:56 pm »
   Ok so what if you combo nivmagus elemental with chandra ablaze? If you use her ultimate then will ALL of those cards go on the stack and then become exile fodder if you choose so?

Yes. Yes they will. And it's paaaaaaaaaaainful. Especially if you're going against a deck with a bunch of low drop sorcery/instants.

Additionally, you can also exile a COPY with him. Which is absolutely hilarious if you put it  in a deck like this one.
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2016, 06:28:16 pm »
I can't believe it but I looked out of curiosity and happened to still have my old Izzet Control-Burn deck sleeved up in a deck box. I added to the site for grins & giggles. Can't believe I'd forgotten about Blistercoil Weird...it was basically Monastery Swiftspear (without haste) before Monastery Swiftspear was Monastery Swiftspear.  I remember taking Epic Experiment out because when the deck was more control focused (it's natural state before sideboarding), it didn't really work too well.

http://deckstats.net/decks/6217/483446-old-izzet-control-burn?saved=1&lng=en
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:29:51 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2016, 07:50:57 pm »
   I'm glad my simple question was able to spark such ingenuity. Also if you load up your deck with a lot of red spells such as fiery temper and red spells that have madness costs then that'll work even better. Chandra ablaze, +1 her, discard fiery temper, burn a creature or PLAYER for 4 damage, pay the madness cost, burn anther creature or PLAYER for 3 damage. That's 7 damage in one turn for only 1 mana!

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2016, 07:55:42 pm »
Yeah it's a weird card to get to work properly. But if you get it to do what you want, it's so good. So, so good. I'm sure it's been in some competitive decks, but I don't build competitive decks (with one exception. The rest just do hilarious stuff, and the epic experiment deck does the most hilarious of them all.

I once timed out on mtgo (before I threw in lightening bolt) just cycling through the deck. Opponent was a champ for letting me. I ended up with something like 120 extra turns by the time it was done. It was hilarious.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 07:57:41 pm by Mostlynotgay »
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2016, 10:22:01 pm »
   Epic experiment would work great with harness the storm. All the cards go to the graveyard so if you ever draw into another copy of your card (that's already in the grave) then you get to basically use multiples of that effect. If you find a way to bounce archaeomancer multiple times per turn then you can keep the fun going all day long.

Konjiikhan

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2016, 12:40:22 am »
wow alot of feedback on which to use lol....i went with swifts...for prowess/haste first trn with mutagenic growths.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 01:43:15 am »
  Glad that we could help.