deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Plane for next block?  (Read 1742 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Plane for next block?
« on: April 29, 2016, 03:31:36 pm »
Where is everyone hoping to go in the next block?

Another Return set?

Somewhere new?
This space for rent.

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
Re: Plane for next block?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 09:57:42 pm »
I think in some article somewhere, someone implied that the next plane was going to be new.
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 10:24:17 pm »
It's suppose to be a new one.

I wouldn't mind Chandra's home plane.
This space for rent.

ushiikun

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 01:01:18 am »
I'm basing this on the assumption that the madness on Innistrad is caused by Emrakul showing up in Eldritch Moon.

1)  If they manage to stop Emrakul the same way they stopped Ulamog, a new plane with a bevy a new walkers would be really cool.

2)  If Emrakul escapes, again, returning to a plane from 10-15 years ago that we haven't been back to since could be cool and allow for some progression of lore that hasn't been touched in quite a while, with some cool reprints\reworks of classic cards.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 01:21:57 am »
My guess would be Vryn, since we've never been there, WotC loves Jace and it was heavily mentioned in Origins (I know it won't be part of the available blocks, but still.)

The war the arbitors kept prolonging could be an interesting storyline, too.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

falconblade123

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 01:37:57 am »
I have no idea as to what they are going to do plane-wise. I'm assuming they won't return to a plane that they've announced before, so probably not Vryn or Chandra's home plane.

As far as story line goes though, I'm pretty sure there might be an Emrakul centered block coming next. I think in Eldritch Moon they will figure out that it is Emrakul, she will get pulled in close enough to cause some problems but never really arrive because Sorin will kill or beat the crap out of Nahiri, then Emrakul will escape to a nearby plane and actually show up this time and start effing stuff up. Then in the next block I think the Gatewatch or another group of planeswalkers will have to fight off MEGA EMRAKUL!!!!!!!

I have no idea if that's what it is going to be like, but I am pretty confident that Emrakul will be heavily involved.
I like Magic. Modern is the best format. Restore Balance is the best deck in Modern.

God Bless The USA

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 03:21:35 am »
We've not had a block actually take place on Jace or Chandra's home planets. They were mentioned in Origins, and Vryn was kind of mentioned in Planeschase but we've not had blocks take place on either one so they really wouldn't be return blocks.
This space for rent.