deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] SOI Standard Wolf RG  (Read 767 times)

nekorx7

• Decks
[Standard] SOI Standard Wolf RG
« on: April 30, 2016, 04:18:14 am »
SOI Standard Wolf RG

Hi there,

I like the wolves and werewolves in SOI. Since I opened an Arlinn Kord, I'm trying to build around her. The tempo of the deck will be mid-range, when I have a decent number of wolves/werewolves out in turn 4 or 5. The goal would be to have Lambholt holds the fort until bigger wolves show up, and there will be some Wolf tokens as well. Then they could all swing in to deal max damage. (Hopefully at least one Howlpack Resurgence is casted to get the bonus by then.) Silverfur and Cult of the Waxing Moon will help generate the tokens. The Hermit will keep opponent thinking twice before casting spells at my turn. Duskwatch Recruiter may help me to find the creature I want, or it will help cast the big wolves at a cheaper cost.

What do you guys think? Any comments are welcome. :)

ushiikun

• Decks
Re: SOI RG Wolf pack - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 06:16:45 am »
I like Somberwald Alpha over Pack Guardian.  Rather than discard to get a creature, any blocked creature gets +1/+1 and you can add trample to go over the chump blocks.

nekorx7

• Decks
Re: SOI RG Wolf pack - Comments
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 07:33:04 pm »
I like Somberwald Alpha over Pack Guardian.  Rather than discard to get a creature, any blocked creature gets +1/+1 and you can add trample to go over the chump blocks.

Thanks for the suggestion. The Somberwald Wolf would become a 4/3 like the Pack Guardian when it got blocked.

The Pack Guardian has flash. I'm thinking to flip my werewolves at my opponent's upkeep, then cast it on their turn. Not sure if that's worth discarding a land to do though.

ushiikun

• Decks
Re: [Standard] SOI Standard Wolf RG
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 05:07:32 am »
Flash is a point to in the Guardian's favor, though with the number of madness cards in red, opponents are going to hesitate at attacking into too much up mana.