deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Opinion on my first deck  (Read 7180 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Opinion on my first deck
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 07:38:10 am »
    if you want the deck to be more red as far as playability goes then change the creature/spell base. If you like the deck the way it is then simply shift around the basic lands that you have and/or add some tool boxing methods for searching the colors you need.

Darilack

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 12:25:26 am »
http://deckstats.net/decks/64354/481526-budget-aggro

Yeah, i finally finished it. I had a lot of fun researching cards for hours and hours and building it one by one. But yeah, i think that's finally over.

I played a lot to test it, and i haven't lost a single match! Thank you all for the support.

If there's still some tips that i can use, i'd be glad to hear.

Darilack

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 12:31:23 am »
If your plan is low-budget green-red aggro, I'd recommend 4 each of Kird Ape, Flinthoof Boar, and Burning-Tree Emissary. They're all cheap ways to put power on the board.

Yeah,  Kird Ape, Flinthoof Boar and Burning-Tree Emissary are great cards, but where i live it costs a lot (for beginners) but they're in my wishlist.

I analysed all the other tips that you gave me and changed my deck around that, so i'm pretty happy with what i've got now, thanks.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 07:13:56 am »
   I'm glad that you've made such good progress. Since you've made some changes I would recommend adding some more combat spells (such as burst of strength, prey upon, Sure strike, rabid bite, pit fight) and similar cards that work in that fashion. That way your creatures can grow stronger as they fight on. Also with the new additions make sure that you you balance out the mana distribution with your mana producers. This way you won't get mana screwed to often. Besides that excellent work man, I'm proud of you and the effort you put forth towards making your deck work.

Lapos Casas

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 12:12:38 pm »
you are using too much budget at least you can add some 3 $ spell that are worth in your decks.

than you can search for some budget "zoo" or aggresive decks to take some opinion.
like this http://deckstats.net/decks/search/?search_tags=Budget&search_title=zoo&lng=it&search_order=price%2casc

i suggest you to do some reserch of whitch card are most used in aggro deck in the format .

Philippe Saner

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 05:11:47 am »
Yeah,  Kird Ape, Flinthoof Boar and Burning-Tree Emissary are great cards, but where i live it costs a lot (for beginners) but they're in my wishlist.

I analysed all the other tips that you gave me and changed my deck around that, so i'm pretty happy with what i've got now, thanks.

Glad to hear that things are going well for you. And you're welcome.

Looking again, though, I realize I left a couple of things out of my previous post. More copies of Ghor-Clan Rampager would be better than Titanic Growth, since they give trample and are creatures when you need them to be. And using Destructive Revelry in place of Naturalize would give you some "free" damage without increasing the cost of the deck much.

you are using too much budget at least you can add some 3 $ spell that are worth in your decks.

Darilack's budget is what it is. No point giving them grief about it.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 05:54:45 am »
   Honestly most of the decks are worth less than $20 but they still run. Your deck doesn't have to include expensive cards for it to run well and be fun. Really building a strong low budget deck is harder than building an OK semi-expensive deck. It just depends on what resources that you have access to.

Lapos Casas

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 02:13:28 pm »
ok it s a budget one but not all card should cost less than 1 $
for example Experiment One could be a optimal card for aggro decks like yours
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:15:43 pm by Lapos Casas »

Darilack

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 02:58:27 pm »

Looking again, though, I realize I left a couple of things out of my previous post. More copies of Ghor-Clan Rampager would be better than Titanic Growth, since they give trample and are creatures when you need them to be. And using Destructive Revelry in place of Naturalize would give you some "free" damage without increasing the cost of the deck much.

I like your ideia, and will change some things around that, thanks again. I'm trying to spare some money for some Lightning Bolts, but my main objective is adding more 2-colors like Gruul War Plow , Gruul Ragebeast and so on...

And Lapos Casas, i understand that there are better cards for some that i have, and i plan on adding them little by little. Experiment One is, again, on my buylist :)

Darilack

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 12:22:52 am »
Sup, i'm back. I got a lot of time to play with my deck and see exactly how it works. It's going well for me, but i do see things that are not quite working out. The point is that i'm willing to buy cards that are not bulks, like Flinthoof Boar , Kird Ape , Experiment One ... you know, the classic ones.

I'm planning on discarding all dragons from the deck, as they are weak creatures with big mana costs.

But yeah, what would be cool to use to get things going faster? From what i've played, it still takes a little time to get on track (but when it does, it does!)

Thanks in advance folks.

Darilack

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 12:28:56 am »
Some notes in advance:

-I plan on removing Naturalize and add Destructive Revelry
-I plan on removing Fall Of The Hammer and add Flesh // Blood (the Blood half of it)
-I plan on removing Mugging and add Shock (Lightning Bolt is still too expensive for me...)

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2016, 10:15:09 am »
   After all the changes you plan on making to the deck, what is going to be the deck focus? How do you intend to play?

Darilack

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2016, 12:33:40 pm »
I plan on having an aggro that can cause damage as fast as possible. Combining two-color cards and buffs like Kird Ape to make the "Gruul" name mean it.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2016, 06:24:12 pm »
   There are a couple recommendations that I have for you now:
1) Replace the aerial predation (side board it) for Rabid Bite.
2) Side board the mugging (because dealing damage and/or it can't block is good.
3) remove frosting, Dragon-Style twins, and the dragons (As you said earlier). Replace them with more Gruul Clan creatures such as viashino shanktail, zhur-taa druid, wasteland viper, gruul charm, wildwood rebirth and other similar cards.

Those are just a couple of my suggestions. Also you could focus more on the monstrous creatures from Theros such a nessian wilds ravager or scourge of skola vale.

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2016, 08:56:52 pm »
For more aggressive burst style damage Titan's Strength, Brute Strength or Giant Growth. I would consider Temur Battle Rage to help close out games.

Have you considered Kessig Wolf Run? It lets you turn extra mana into damage and trample (if your creatures doesn't already have it) and its repeatable as many times as needed. Needle storm or firespout can help you out if flyers are a problem.