deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] my attempt at a wolf deck!  (Read 1387 times)

Pixelninjacat

• Decks
[Standard] my attempt at a wolf deck!
« on: May 01, 2016, 12:58:34 pm »
my attempt at a wolf deck!

I'm trying to have as much synergy as possible.
any suggestions?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] my attempt at a wolf deck!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 05:34:55 pm »
    The deck looks pretty good for a first time attempt. I do have a few suggestions though to help the speed and durability of this deck:

1) Cut down the cult of the waxing moon down to two (not four), cut howlpack resurgence down to three (not four), and lastly cut down hermit of the natterknolls down to three (and not four). My reasoning behind this is simple, if you have too many of the same card that does the same thing then it'l lead to dead draws. Also the cult of the waxing moon is a high drop creature that, if you trimmed it down, could make space for other low drop creatures.

2) For creatures if you add lambholt pacifist, solitary hunter, obsessive Skinner and silverfur partisan would all be worth adding to this deck. The pacifist has a strong body for a low cost and by the time you get the ball rolling it'll be ready to swing. The Hunter is also good for his cost and when he transforms he's out of burn spell range.Obsessive Skinner is a way to increases the survival rate of a lot of your creatures. Even if you're not playing towards delirium his effect will basically pump up one of your creatures EVERY turn. This way even when your werewolves turn back into humans they will still retain their strength. Lastly with all the spells you could add to this deck you can load your field up with 2/2 wolf tokens. This will give you more creatures to block/attack with and give you more power behind that moonlight hunt (which I'm about to suggest next).

3) For spells if you add moonlight hunt, rabid bite and aim high.  The moonlight hunt is a good way to remove large threats off the board if you've already amassed a large amount of wolf tokens or have a strong werewolf on the field. This way you can use the tokens that the cult of the waxing moon and silverfur partisan makes to your fullest advantage. Rabid bite is basically removal for green and works GREAT in combat. Aim high gives you a power boost, untaps your creature, and gives your creature the ability to fight off flyers. That is an ASSET in this deck.

Looking at the deck and after reading my suggestions to you what are your thoughts so far? Has this given you any new ideas?

Pixelninjacat

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 09:43:18 am »
Thanks for the amazing help, and am definitely taking all these ideas on board!
I'm still working on some of the mechanics of this deck, and clearly, I can be a bit indecisive.
As for the pacifist and hunter, at first i thought that it was, more or less, better to have a bunch of creatures with effects as to minimise the amount of wasted time on the battlefield, but your point of view sheds a whole new light on the topic.
Thanks again!

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 08:09:32 am »
   It's no problem, Just glad that I can help.