deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: First attempt of Green/Red Aggro.  (Read 2810 times)

Wolveslover

• Decks
First attempt of Green/Red Aggro.
« on: May 01, 2016, 11:05:54 pm »
Well, long story made short... I've been playing Magic for 2 months (more or less), and this is my first approach to a "real aggro" deck. I already built another deck (wolves + werewolves) but it was mono-green.
Now, there is an important note to make... I want to defeat a mono-white deck with some "indestructible" effects on it; this deck annoys me a lot :P, at the same time I want to keep some balance against flying creatures, that's why I used "Bower Passage".
Any recommendations?

PS: Also, I'm not a native English speaker... I'm working on that too.  ;D

My deck: http://deckstats.net/decks/63844/482734-green-red-aggro/en

Wolveslover

• Decks
Re: Green/Red Werewolves - Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 08:54:17 pm »
Kessig Cagebreakers, is just and addition for the late game. Having 4 creatures in graveyard and this guy attacking -and at least Howlpack (Resurgence/Alpha), Immerwolf or the best option, the Wildblood Pack- = gg.

Revision 29

Added/removed cards:
+1 Kessig Cagebreakers

Changed amounts:
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Isochron Scepter
-1 (SB) Titanic Growth

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: First attempt of Green/Red Aggro.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 07:51:43 am »
  To deal with flyers add some burn spells or use spells such as rabid bite (to deal damage outside of combat) and aim high (because it gives creatures reach). Also indestructible creatures cannot be destroyed, but if you TRAMPLE over them the opponent will still take the damage. That's big for werewolf decks. Also cards such as burn from within and reduce to ashes would be good cards to side board as well.

Wolveslover

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 07:11:25 pm »
Hello, G. Moto. Thanks for your answer!

What cards would you change for those you recommend? I mean, I will add Aim High to my SB, since yes, it's great and I forgot it exists.  :P
What do you think, is it better to change Thunderbolt with Plummet/Aim High?

Thanks a lot!

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 07:57:24 am »
   It depends on how you play the deck. If you focus more on the creatures then keep the aim high as a main board card. If you focus more on the spells then I'd choose the thunderbolt over the plummet (since it serves dual functions and will kill most flyers anyway). If you really want it though you should probably side board the plummet.

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 06:38:53 pm »
Have you considered Bonds of Mortality to help deal with your indestructable problem?  Firespout is a great option to clear lots of flyers, you could also evoke Cloudthresher, Needle Storm, or Aerial Volley. Also I love Rabid Bite one of my new favorite green "removal" spells :)

Wolveslover

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 07:12:57 pm »
Hello, guys. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

G. Moto,
Now I prefer creatures on the board over burn spells, it seems like the best option, so, Aim High to the main.

Jabilac,
Those are awesome cards! I think I will add Needle Storm to the main board, it's awesome. Speaking of those mono white indestructible guys, I just went for a mono black disruption and some Languish and other negative counters... it was fun. Bonds of mortality sounds like the best way to get rid of them.  :o

You are awesome, guys. \m/
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:23:52 pm by Wolveslover »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 07:18:44 pm »
  just glad to help man.

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 11:18:45 pm »
Np man. happy to help out :)

Wolveslover

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 03:16:53 am »
Adding Bonds of Mortality and some anti flyers spells.

Revision 39

Added/removed cards:
-2 (SB) Mondronen Shaman
+2 (SB) Whirlwind

Changed amounts:

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 06:13:01 am »
  Rabid bite needs to be your deck's best friend.

Wolveslover

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 02:09:53 pm »
Hello, guys!

Per your recommendation I just added 3x Rabid Bite, I will buy/change two, I only own 1 of them.
How do you see it now? Does it look good?

What do you think about Cinder Glade? Is it worth it? I mean, I have Rootbound Crag and Kazandu
Refuge and Temple of Abandon. I've been running 3x Rootbound and 4x Kazandu, the issue of the last one is its restriction (enters tapped) so I thought Cinder Glade could help somehow.

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:13:10 pm by Wolveslover »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 04:54:01 pm »
   Cinder glade isn't a bad card, but the rootbound crag enters the field FASTER (because it asks for A mountain or forest: 1 Land, rather than cinder glade that asks for 2 or more). Kazandu refuge is pretty much the same as rugged highlands. It depends on if yo want to gain life or play lands faster. I'm more  mid-ranged to control myself so gaining life is an asset. However, if you're going for a more aggro build then having access to your mana is important.

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 10:38:18 pm »
I would suggest 4x Temple of Abandon as I think the scry effect is better then gain 1 life. Definitely run 4x Rootbound Crag as its the fastest non ShockLand. There is also Game Trail if your interested. Also have you considered Double strike effects like Temur Battle Rage or Uncaged Fury?

Wolveslover

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 05:07:17 am »
Thanks a lot, guys!

Ok, I think I need a balance, some life is good but I need some quick lands working for me. So, I decided to keep x3 and x3 of both.  ;D

Jabilac, I've got some Temur Battle Rage, two to be precise... Would you rather use Temur Battle Rage over Titanic Growth? I mean, at this moment, my sideboard is anti-flyers.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate your time answering and suggesting.  :D