deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: My wife's Pile  (Read 1990 times)

fellblaze

• Decks
My wife's Pile
« on: May 03, 2016, 12:52:21 am »
yeah but can you tumble?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: My wife's Pile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 04:22:35 am »
   IF this is your wife's deck then she's a pretty lucky person. I do have some suggestions that may help the deck run a little bit better;

1) Adjust the mana ratio so that the distribution is equal to the cost. This can be done by switching around the basic lands, also I would recommend running at least 24 lands in a deck such as this.

2) Using your creatures effects to the fullest are what's going to make this deck run smoothly. I would recommend switching out the dark confidant instead for creatures that have various effects  such as trample and reach. If draw power is what you're aiming fr with that creature then you can use the B/G self mill cards that return to ravnica has access to and do graveyard recursion that way.

3) For spells you may want to work and focus on manipulating the graveyard more. It can prove to be a valuable resource. Cards like down//dirty can give you recursion, If you use burst of strength on deathrite shaman then you can untap it and tap it multiple times per turn. The same can be said if you used spidery grasp. Also golgari charm would be good to add to the side board, mizzium skin can protect a lot of your creatures when played right, plasm capture is a counter spell that basically gives you mana back for using it, psychic strike does wonders in any deck that has U/B , savage surge is another good way to untap creatures expectantly, simic charm is a good multipurpose tool, tower defense keeps many of your creatures alive, wildwood rebirth is good for recursion.

Oragren

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 08:28:59 am »
If drawing is the main theme i suggest looking into the below 2 creatures there not to expensive and love when you draw.

Chasm Skulker
Lorescale Coatl

also a good draw card is

Explore

draw 1 and play an additional land.

this might open up new ideas for you.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 08:30:35 am by Oragren »

fellblaze

• Decks
Re: My wife's Pile - Comments
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 06:44:19 pm »
hmm thanks guys i have alot to think about now. her deck was u/g unblockables but it had no control or awnsers to any threats at all, and ya shes lucky those trop islands aren't cheap
yeah but can you tumble?

fellblaze

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 06:46:13 pm »
yeah but can you tumble?

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 06:53:59 pm »
Noxious Revival is cheaper to cast and has a flexible casting cost since it's a Phyrexian mana symbol, but the card you return goes to the top of your library meaning that your opponents would have until you could draw it to make you shuffle or mill.

Wildwood Rebirth does cost more one mana more but the card goes straight to your hand giving your opponents less opportunity to mess with it.

Honestly it would depend on the meta, if your meta contains a lot of mill or ways your opponents can make you shuffle (Lantern of Insight for instance) then than Wildwood Rebirth is the choice. If your meta doesn't contain either of those than I'd go Noxious Revival.

This space for rent.

fellblaze

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 06:58:22 pm »
i think there is one guy who plays imperial painter and thats it, im also partial to noxious revival because ive used it in other decks offensivley against aggro loam and Reanimator
yeah but can you tumble?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 05:48:48 am »
    Go with the card that helps you the most. Plain and simple.