deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Casual] 11$ Creatureless Flashback  (Read 1999 times)

Philippe Saner

• Decks
[Casual] 11$ Creatureless Flashback
« on: May 03, 2016, 01:27:39 am »
11$ Creatureless Flashback

Use cards like Catalyst Stone, Secrets of the Dead, and Burning Vengeance to extract value from cheap spells with Flashback.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
Re: 11$ Creatureless Flashback - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 07:05:02 pm »
I liked the deck at first.... But then I realized you would be just drawing most of the time and not doing much else:(  This deck would lose pretty fast to any mini creature deck.  Maybe add some guttersnipe or anything that feeds off the spells being cast?

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: [Casual] 11$ Creatureless Flashback
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 07:13:48 pm »
Perhaps Young Pyromancer as well so you're getting creatures you can at least chump block with off casting as well.
This space for rent.

Philippe Saner

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 08:44:33 pm »
I liked the deck at first.... But then I realized you would be just drawing most of the time and not doing much else:(  This deck would lose pretty fast to any mini creature deck.  Maybe add some guttersnipe or anything that feeds off the spells being cast?

Early rushes are a definite weakness. As the deck description says, in the early game you mostly play do-nothing cards and fiddle with your hand and graveyard. But you do have Firebolt, so you're not totally defenseless. And once you get Burning Vengeance online things look a lot better.

I'm reluctant to add creatures, because that'd give my opponent's removal something to do. And Guttersnipe only targets players, so that's a no-go.

Young Pyromancer is more tempting, but it's also removal-bait. And each one costs 4-5$.

Current defensive frontrunner in my mind is Rolling Temblor, but I'm not sure what to take out for it. And it'd be useless in some matchups, so I'd feel kind of iffy having it maindeck.

If you have more suggestions, I'm listening.

PS: This deck's getting a lot more attention than any other deck I posted. I wonder if it's because I put the price in the title.

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 08:07:50 pm »
maybe something like seething song could help you get rolling faster?

Philippe Saner

• Decks
Re: [Casual] 11$ Creatureless Flashback
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 03:19:45 am »
Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Looking at the various rituals, Rite of Flame seems most fitting. It'd make the deck a bit pricier, but not excessively so.

Question is, what to take out? Devil's Play, maybe? An island?

Philippe Saner

• Decks
Re: [Casual] 15$ Creatureless Flashback
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 07:06:09 am »
Alright, I took out an Island, a Shattered Perception, and two copies of Devil's Play to make room for a playset of Rite of Flame. Pretty sure this is a big improvement, even if I did have to change the deck's name slightly.

Thanks, Bartley.

JohnB

• Decks
Re: 15$ Creatureless Flashback - Comments
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 04:23:49 pm »
What is your thought on guttersnipe? I know it is a creature but with all the instants & sorceries you get the 2 damage bonus.

Philippe Saner

• Decks
Re: [Casual] 15$ Creatureless Flashback
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 09:34:16 pm »
It's a pretty good card. But in this deck I prefer Burning Vengeance. Partly because it can kill creatures, partly because it doesn't give opposing creature removal something to do.

Philippe Saner

• Decks
Re: 15$ Creatureless Flashback - Comments
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 08:12:17 am »
In some recent games, I found myself really wishing for Flame Jab. So in it goes.

Also fiddled with some card counts.

Revision 3

Added/removed cards:
+1 Flame Jab

Changed amounts:
-1 Altar of the Lost
+1 Burning Vengeance
-1 Deep Analysis
-1 Desperate Ravings
-1 Quiet Speculation
+1 Secrets of the Dead
+1 Think Twice