deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Golgari Delirium  (Read 1021 times)

Philippe Saner

• Decks
[Standard] Golgari Delirium
« on: May 03, 2016, 01:47:12 am »
Golgari Delirium

My take on the green-black Delirium deck in Standard. Not sure if it has the muscle to take on the format, but I'd like to give it a try.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Gransin

• Decks
Re: Golgari Delirium - Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 08:30:40 pm »
I've been running this deck for a few weeks at my local card shop for FNM and it's a really fun deck to play. It has a certain feeling of unknown which is why I like it and like the delirium effect. But, there are a couple dead cards in here that I never seem to draw/have a reason to use them. those would be Seasons Past and Dark Petition. Maybe I'm not playing the deck right but I'm wondering if there aren't better cards to put in those slots. I was thinking Second Harvest what with all the tokens the deck can spit out. It's just a thought but, yeah other than those two cards I really don't have much trouble with many match ups aside from BR vampires or WB allies.

Philippe Saner

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Golgari Delirium
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 09:28:57 pm »
Glad the deck's been working out so well for you!

I threw in the Seasons Past + Dark Petition combo because I was impressed with the Seasons Past control deck that Jon Finkel brought to the Pro Tour. In retrospect, that might've been a mistake.

Anyway, Eldritch Moon is set to give us some powerful new Delirium cards that demand space in the deck. Gnarlwood Dryad and Whispers of Emrakul both look pretty awesome. Grapple with the Past might be worth a try too. And we haven't seen the whole set yet, so who knows what else is in there.

Second Harvest is a decent card, but in this deck I'd much rather have one of the new offerings from EMN.

Philippe Saner

• Decks
Re: Golgari Delirium - Comments
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 06:46:54 am »
Looks like this deck is gonna get a lot better with the release of Eldritch Moon. Wouldn't be surprised if something similar to it ended up on the top tier of standard decks.

Here's my attempt to incorporate the new cards...

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
-1 Dark Petition
-3 Obsessive Skinner
-1 Seasons Past
-1 Soul Swallower
-1 The Gitrog Monster
+3 Gnarlwood Dryad
+4 Grim Flayer
+3 Liliana, the Last Hope
+2 Whispers of Emrakul

Changed amounts: