deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: how is my deck  (Read 3020 times)

emaster170

• Decks
how is my deck
« on: May 03, 2016, 03:45:24 am »
this my first deck i built myself and i was wondering if i could get help with how good it is, it's synergy, ways to improve this deck etc.
here's a link to my deck
http://deckstats.net/decks/64580/483801-my-blue-green-bs-deck?lng=en

thesilencedandseated

• Decks
Re: how is my deck
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 04:35:08 am »
Is this from cards you own? Because if it is, that's completely understandable. However, if you are looking to brew a strong deck, I would advise refining your spell base. Because as it is now, the deck is very inconsistent because of the high variance in nonlands.

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 04:47:06 am »
5 too many cards.

Mana curve is to far to the right.

The deck will not be predictable.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

emaster170

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 05:43:36 am »
Yes it is all from my collection the most recent addition being Jace, it also finished third place in my local card stores modern Friday Night Magic with the only round I lost being to a tron deck 0-2 all the other rounds went 2-0

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 06:16:04 am »
    There are a few areas that can be adjusted in order to make this deck more consistent and stronger to play. The big thing about your deck is that I'm seeing a lot of GOOD cards but there is no SYNERGY between those cards. There are a few small mechanics bunched into this deck and that's probably what's hurting this deck at the moment. Here is what I suggest;

1) Sort your deck out between the BLOCKS. That means separate your shadows over innistrad cards from you Battle for Zendikar cards. The thing is, both blocks are designed to run in their own distinct fashions. If you don't look at the sets as a whole then you'll probably miss the key points to how certain colors are made to work in those card groups.

2) Once you've separated your cards choose a block to focus on. Right now your deck is G/U so you might want to focus on either G/U Eldrazi, or an Innistrad G/U flyers build. This way whichever deck you lean most towards will have the support it needs.

3) Look at the creatures that you're using and utilize their effects to your advantage. Use eldrazi tokens and +1/+1 counters to your advantage. They can build up small armies and even when they die they can boost the strength of your large eldrazi processor creatures.
If you stick to the Innistrad  deck style then the creatures run more of can create a anti-flying force and can maintain a strong board presence.

4) Once you have your core creature base then you can add the instances and sorcery spells that help the flow of the deck. The spells that you use need to HELP the deck and not just be filler.

5) After ALL of this has happened, then you should focus on the mana you're using. This way there'll be less altering for you to do.

After all of these suggestions what are your thoughts so far? 

thesilencedandseated

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 07:50:27 am »
You do have some strong cards in this deck, it is expected to do well. However if you went to your local card store and found copies of the better cards in your deck, and removed the worse ones, it would be a whole lot stronger.

emaster170

• Decks
Re: my blue-green BS deck - Comments
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 05:07:28 pm »
ok i have done a small revision the mana curve is maore balanced and i have added ways to get more mana with zendikar resurgent, what do you guys think

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 08:06:19 am »
    Right now I'm more or less curious as to the creature choices? What are your main strategies as far as they go and how do you wish to utilize them?

emaster170

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 01:02:53 pm »
I get the low cost creatures out early ecspecially the 2 Loam larva (so I can get land out quickly) and the I use auras to strengthen the low cost creatures until I can get higher cost creatures on the field

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 06:35:55 pm »
   Ok we've established that. Now do you believe your deck may run faster (and more consistently) if you focused either solely on Delirium or Landfall? The only reason that I ask is that on Zendikar, small creatures relied heavily on land drops just to keep their strength up. However on Innistrad creatures can willingly go to the graveyard and it will still benefit you. Also you do have a LOT of high drops in this deck. Though your idea is well thought out it would hurt you in the long run. Reason being, if you want a strong and consistent deck you'll want to make every card (not just the high drops) have an impact on the game.

Here's an example; [U/B Zombie deck] rottenheart ghoul is a decent card that makes any player discard when it dies. Since madness is popular again you probably won't be using that effect much on your opponent. However you can use that effect on yourself for your own graveyard triggers. You can use the zombie as a blocker and then sac it by playing merciless resolve and you kill your creature, draw two cards and if you have any madness cards in your own hand (such as gisa's bidding) you would have gained card advantage over your opponent AND replaced your 1 zombie with 2.

Even if you are playing within certain colors you need to ensure that EVERY card in the deck contributes towards the focus of the deck. Similar thing with your spells, there's no issue in mixing blocks but if both of the card sets have cards that don't have synergy between them then it like you're only playing HALF of a fully functioning deck. Look at it this way;
1) Find out what you want your deck to do the most
2) Find an overarching theme or mechanic that the deck will run by (I would recommend delirium and madness over the landfall personally)
3) Side board any cards that do not fit that mold (This would be most of the high drop Zendikar cards)
     This way your deck will have focus and you'll be able to tweak it little by little. How does this sound so far?