deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Goldknight Castigator... Advice Anyone?  (Read 1356 times)

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
Goldknight Castigator... Advice Anyone?
« on: May 04, 2016, 04:40:37 pm »
So at the Shadows over Innistrad sealed event I got Goldknight Castigator. While her artwork is really cool and she is a good 4/9 flyer, her abilities (dealing double damage to you and her) are really difficult to deal with and I'm not sure how to play her card effectively. Anyone have any advice or combos that work well? Or just general thoughts on it; is it a good card to keep and play or should I trade it?
Time is precious, waste it wisely.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Goldknight Castigator... Advice Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 06:10:28 am »
Assault Formation would essentially make it a 9/5 (it would deal damage equal to it's toughness, 9, and it's toughness is basically cut in half due to it's own triggered ability, 9 divided by 2 would be 4.5, rounded up to 5).

It does have haste, so with Assault Formation out, if you could give it double strike you could be swinging for 18 in the air on t4....possibly t3 if you have some ramp going.

Additionally, with it's 9 toughness it is out of the range of Languish and the other -x/-x spells currently in Standard (that I can think of anyway).

So it's not a bad card per se, you'd just have to include it in the right build IMO.
This space for rent.

Tatsuno

• Decks
Re: Goldknight Castigator... Advice Anyone?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 02:56:11 pm »
I put it in a sideboard for a mono red deck.  It's extremely risky but can be very helpful in the right situation.  If you're playing against a burn deck or someone has a bunch of creatures out I wouldn't use it.  When I played it with mono red I made sure I kept their creatures off the battlefield and when used none of their -x/-x cards could really do much to it.