deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Modern Vampire RWB  (Read 454 times)

Oragren

• Decks
[Modern] Modern Vampire RWB
« on: May 06, 2016, 08:33:47 am »
Modern Vampire RWB

Vampire Tribal Deck

Oragren

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Modern Vampire RWB
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 02:30:10 am »
NO Help?

entropize

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 08:12:24 am »
I would take out the ultimate price and victim of the night for either another dreadbore or terminate mainly because ultimate price and victim of the night are a little too specific. Another idea would be to add gatekeeper of malakir instead since it is a creature with a similar effect. You might also want to check out blade of the bloodchief and captivating vampire to boost your creatures. The shadows over innistrad had some interesting ideas, I added stensia masquerade to my vampire deck in place of stromkirk captain. For a few other ideas, check out my casual vampire deck

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 11:52:33 pm »
I agree with Entropize on using Dreadbore or Terminate. After all, if you're in Rakdos, might as well use the best cards in those colors. I also like the idea of Gatekeeper of Malakir, even just a sideboard option against creature heavy decks. If you're going for more aggressive feel, a few Bloodghast and some Guul Draz Vampire would be great early drops. And as good as Sorin, Lord of Innistrad is, I think Sorin, Solemn Visitor would work better for you because of the lifelink from his +1. I hope you found this helpful. Please feel free to ask questions and comments. Happy Hunting :)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Oragren

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 01:50:03 am »
Thanks for the advice really apriciate it. Now what the problem is is that my cmc is sitting at 4 cause of vampire nocturnus & bloodline keeper but this is my partners deck and she wants them in there.

How can i build the deck to be quicker with 4 of each 9f those in the deck.

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 12:10:00 am »
I can see why she wants to keep them in, they're really great cards and can completely turn the game around. That being said, lets look at each individually and see what we can do.

Vampire Nocturnus - Is best when most of your deck is black (which it is). Requires 3 black sources (all of your land produces black) and buffs vamps (which all your creatures are). His only downside is he doesn't stack. If one is in play and you play a second one, its just a 3/3 vamp for 4. Luckily, I have an idea to get around this.

Bloodline Keeper - This card kind of speaks for itself. It spits out tokens and when it flips all your stuff is lethal. Totally a keeper and you want to see one every game. Doesn't fix the problem of getting stuck with multiple in hand waiting for your 4th land drop. I think my idea will help here too.

I think you should add 2 or 3 Olivia, Mobilized for War. This would be a powerful 3 drop flyer that lets you pitch extra cards to give your active dudes Haste and counters. Now if you have 2 Nocturnus in hand, you can pitch one to Olivia to speed up your Shadow Alley Denizen. But while you're bringing in Olivia, another great card that synergies with it is Asylum Visitor. Now you can pitch Asylum Visitor to Olivia, and still play it for Madness cost. Plus the 3/1 body is a real threat, and the possibility of drawing extra cards (which you'll likely do if you're pitching things to Olivia) is a big plus.
To make room for all this, I'd suggest pulling the 2 Merciless Eviction, and the 2 Necropolis Regent, just because your 4 drops are so much more powerful than either of them and making sure you have a strong board state when Nocturnus or Keeper arrives is more important.

I hope you find this helpful and let me know how the deck plays! Seems really cool! Good luck and Happy Hunting :)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.