deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Eldritch Moon: Friends and Foes  (Read 1748 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Eldritch Moon: Friends and Foes
« on: May 23, 2016, 07:11:03 am »
    Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen of the Multiverse, this is your favorite planeswalking Vamp G. Moto here. Recently I was looking over the articles on the main MTG website and I found this quote under the Eldritch Moon set info;

"The last protections over Innistrad have faded. Ancient powers reach forth to corrupt the plane, and now Innistrad's fate rests in the hands of unlikely allies..."

Reading this immediately questions flooded to my mind revolving around what this new set could possible be;
    1) Who are these "Ancient Powers?"
    2) Who are the "Unlikely Allies?"
    3) What's going to happen to Innistrad now that it's protector has ceased to exist?
                                                                          Also some things to ponder over:
a) Liliana was visiting someone on the roof of her estate last time we checked on her,
b) Sorin/Jace/Tamyio have all become "acquainted" in a sense,
c)  Arlin has not been mentioned for a majority of the set.
d) The skirsdag have infiltrated the lunarch counsel and consort with dark forces,
e) Thalia and Odric are a part of the order of Saint Traft,
f) gisa and Nahiri are "Friends" of some sort and there's no telling what they're up to.
        With all this information I'm just curious as to what you all think about this next set coming out.

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
Re: Eldritch Moon: Friends and Foes
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 01:42:23 pm »
I have predictions.

For your first question, I think Emrakul is the "ancient powers.

For your second question I think either Liliana herself, or the demon (I think his name was Deirk) she was "visiting" will help Jace defeat Emrakul.

I have no idea what is going to happen to Innistrad without its protector, but in the end, Avacyn wasn't really protecting anything.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 01:45:40 pm by Jace27 »
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Eldritch Moon: Friends and Foes
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 06:05:49 am »
   In my opinion Avacyn served as more of a deterrent. She would fight the dark forces and the people's faith in her is what protected them. I think that it was the hope in a higher power that gave people their strength. Also I believe that Deirk might have been the geist mage mentioned on the flavor text of spectral flight. He might be attempting to aid Liliana in dealing with the spirits that are trapped in the chain veil.