deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Casual] cthulu deck  (Read 968 times)

cobramaster

• Decks
[Casual] cthulu deck
« on: May 24, 2016, 06:51:57 am »
cthulu deck

Hello, Im brand new to magic, so im unsure of how viable this deck is. Im trying to get something that fits my theme of lovecraft type horror monsters and mysteries. All suggestions are welcome but please try to make them fit the theme. Im just looking for something that will give me at least a chance of winning in a casual setting, maybe standerd or modern.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: [Casual] cthulu deck
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 12:49:28 am »
For Riptide Chimera to work you need more than 2 enchantments or replace Riptide Chimera
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

cobramaster

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 01:58:56 am »
Thanks so much for the input! I have it in because i felt it fit the theme. Do you have something i could replace it with?

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 04:14:50 am »
I see your theme but it's kinda here and there, however some is about exploiting creatures. 2 come to mind from previous blocks.
Saniarium Skeleton you can use over and over. Ghoulcaller's accomplice can be used twice. If you can afford to get one, relentless dead. You could use zulaport cutthroat to gain life for explotation. Dutiful attendant to bring something back.
Accursed Witch when she turn to an enchantment and then use riptide chimera. Better enchantment to use over and over with the use of chimera is demonic pact, also use mirror mockery.

Then get rid of the 1 of's, 1 of this and 1 of that. You at least need 2 of's or if you like 4 of's. Like the ideas so far?

cobramaster

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 04:20:59 am »
yeah yeah i do. Allright. So i can add some more dutiful attendetns, and i think the demon pact card fits in really well with the theme

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 04:40:18 am »
yeah yeah i do. Allright. So i can add some more dutiful attendetns, and i think the demon pact card fits in really well with the theme

Yeah up to 4 cards of 1 particular card, excluding basic lands. You can have as many of those as you wish. My question to you is what is your goal for this deck? What do you want it to do?

cobramaster

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 04:45:36 am »
I want to have fun using a deck that torments whoever i play against haha. TO fit the theme i guess i want to get rid of my opponents cards quickly or make them unable to cast them, to sort of fit the idea theme that im messing with their mind and driving them insane. As to what format i guess casual and modern because i dont want to have to change my cards all the time as certain ones get phased out.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 04:54:24 am »
Gotcha :) Lets see if this is to your liking, perplexing chimera.

cobramaster

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 05:02:21 am »
I actually have that card, how do you suggest i fit it in?

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 06:54:17 pm »
I actually have that card, how do you suggest i fit it in?

Since you aren't heavy on enchantments how about switching it for godhunter octopus?

cobramaster

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 08:01:30 pm »
Yeah ok, that makes sense. Anything else you suggest? I just found out about a card that makes any card my opponent send to their graveyard be exiled instead. Would having a few of these in my deck be worth it?