deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Mechanics questions.  (Read 1021 times)

dchsknight

• Decks
Mechanics questions.
« on: July 28, 2014, 02:04:34 am »
So lets say I have 4 Goldnight Commanders on the field. And in my hand I have 2 launch the Fleets. And lets say I have 10 plains on the feild. So I transition from the Main phase to the attack phase. here is what I want to know. Is this legal to do.

Main phase...

transition to Attack Phase.

To Entering the attack Phase cast both launch the fleets on all 4 Goldnight commanders. that uses 10 mana.

Declare the goldnight commanders as attackers.

(launch the fleets triggers.)

8 1/1 Solders enter the field. Goldnight Commanders's effect triggers. Each giving 8/8 to all creatures I control. So that would create 8 32/32 soldiers ont he field and 4 34/34 goldnight Commanders attacking...

Block step.

Defender declares blockers if any...

Chaos ensues...

Does that look right?

mongoosa

• Obsessed with the cardboard crack
  • Decks
Re: Mechanics questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 07:12:22 pm »
You would have to cast Launch in the main phase (which may just be arguing semantics), but the rest seems right. 

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 10:45:17 pm »
You would have to cast Launch in the main phase (which may just be arguing semantics), but the rest seems right.
Also, you've counted wrong. It will only cost 8 mana. The Strive cost is only for the additional targets.

After you declare the four Goldnight Commanders attacking, 8 1/1's will enter the field. The Goldnight Commanders triggered ability happen, giving you four 34/34s and 8 33/33s attacking.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

StandInDongTeen

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 06:40:15 am »

its amazing what can be hidden away in people attics.

Drunk Cynic

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 09:50:43 pm »
I was mistaken previously, for the creatures entering the battlefield, you would get one 33/33, one 29/29, one 25/25, one 21/21, one 16/16, one 13/13, one 9/9, and one 5/5.

Edited to correct: mis-stacked, each should have an extra +4/+4.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 05:34:49 am by drunkcynic »
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.

mongoosa

• Obsessed with the cardboard crack
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 02:51:56 pm »
Is that because the creatures would come out one after the other and not all at the same time?

Drunk Cynic

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 05:33:28 am »
I mis-stacked the last count, corrected copy follows:

Attack with the four Goldnight Commanders, placing eight 'create 1/1' triggered abilities on the stack.

1/8 resolves, creating a 1/1. That generates four "Whenever another creature enters" triggered abilities on the stack, each of them has to resolve, making the 1/1 a 5/5.

2/8 resolves, creating a 1/1. Four more "Whenever another creature enters" triggers: equates to a 9/9 and a 5/5

3/8 (triggers): 13/13, 9/9, and 5/5

4/8, 5/8, 6/8, 7/8, and 8/8: 33/33, 29/29, 25/25, 21/21, 17/17, 13/13, 9/9, and 5/5