deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: need help, new to magic  (Read 1006 times)

Teep

• Decks
need help, new to magic
« on: August 27, 2014, 07:14:12 am »
need help, new to magic

need help fixing it, i keep getting destroyed by my friends...most of them use white/green to just beatdown my deck, im new to magic, so any advice would help, thanks

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
Re: need help, new to magic
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 07:20:40 am »
Take out everything that has a converted mana cost of 7. If you're getting beat down by green and white, you need to accelerate your deck and move to control the early game. Destroy their creatures that generate mana, to slow them down.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

Teep

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 07:22:53 am »
hmm... what cards would u sugguest putting in, or taking out besides the 7 mana costs?

Drunk Cynic

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 07:38:00 am »
hmm... what cards would u sugguest putting in, or taking out besides the 7 mana costs?
I can't effectively answer that; I do not know your context in you play, what sets you've invested in, and can't determine what the purpose of this deck is past large creatures. You only have two creatures with a converted mana cost less than three, when RU (Red White) would prefer an Average CMC for the creatures less than 3. 4 of Generator Servant would help out your deck.

Find something for your deck to focus on. Look at the other RU decks in the system, and see what you can build from there.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.

Teep

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 07:43:47 am »
thanks alot for the help i really appreciate it lol im sick of getting smashed after like turn 8 comes around

mongoosa

• Obsessed with the cardboard crack
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 01:20:25 pm »
Agreed with M. Cynic.  You have a lot of one-ofs in your deck and a lot of expensive creatures.  It looks like you could focus around the Siege Dragon since you have 3 of them and then find some smaller critters and perhaps some mana acceleration.  If you are new and don't have a lot of cash to throw around, go to your local game store or search online for the individual cards you need.  The game store near me has a couple of helpful guys who will make recommendations for decks as well. 
Good luck and I look forward to seeing your updated deck list.

Teep

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 04:05:23 pm »
yea, i talked to a guy at my local game store, he said dragon decks r expensive, so i dont think it'd go the dragon route to focus around siege dragon i'll probably end up taking siege dragon out maybe and throwing some good 5/6 mana cost monsters in so i can get my big monsters out a turn earlier

Drunk Cynic

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 04:56:24 pm »
yea, i talked to a guy at my local game store, he said dragon decks r expensive, so i dont think it'd go the dragon route to focus around siege dragon i'll probably end up taking siege dragon out maybe and throwing some good 5/6 mana cost monsters in so i can get my big monsters out a turn earlier
If the average converted mana cost of your creature base continues to be well above 3, you will continue to get ran over. You need a strong base of cheap creatures, followed by a couple of bombs. Take everything with a converted mana cost greater than 3 out of your deck, build a strong base, and then choose some to put back in, focusing on value.

Teep

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 05:02:30 pm »
oh haha i figured it wanted to be around 3, so, should it be around like upper 2? and are any of those cards listed so atrociously bad that i should take them out?